Ok who is going to own up.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I have to say i am a little more than tidy.Even to being obsessive.Take last night.I noticed cooking oil had splashed over the oven as Mrs P had fried off some meat.Trouble was it was 21-30,so i began cleaning,i put the racks in a bucket of soapy water and bleach,took all the moveable bits and soaked them in hot soapy water brushed them with a hard brush,then i washed down the oven surface and finally polished it.After a soak in bleach which i left in for forty mins,i washed everything off and put it all back.It's like i have to empty the dishwasher and stuff left drying on the sink before i have my brekkie or shower.Gardening i will do three quarters of the work then tidy that up and away composting or brow bin,then i will finish the last bit,so leaving me less to tidy up.Things around the house must have places away out of sight,alas it is not always appreciated.

That was a fun sounding Saturday night. :laugh:

Tbh if I had done that (I wouldn't) I think I would've been sent to one of the spare bedrooms for the night by Lovely Wife.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
At home, I don't care if it's messy, as long as it's reasonably clean.
On the workplace my standards are more stringent, because I work with food and drink.
Visitors?
Not got any :laugh:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
At home, I don't care if it's messy, as long as it's reasonably clean.
On the workplace my standards are more stringent, because I work with food and drink.
Visitors?
Not got any :laugh:

Yes food, and other hygiene is a separate issue from tidiness, in my book too...

I don't think anyone ever got ill from my kitchen..

If it's outdoors organic filth, then that's all good for your innards anyhow :angel:

Visitors round this way, get put to work if they hang around too long.. No one overstays their welcome then.

Last edited:

Globalti

Legendary Member
I'm a bit untidy but I do enjoy cleaning and maintaining stuff, just a couple of little maintenance jobs around the home every weekend. Yesterday I made new rubber feet for my old Sartorius lab scales and then cleaned the utility room floor with a polishing paste to remove some scratches. Cleaned the bathroom window sill and cleaned a couple of grubby spots off a carpet before doing some Henrying. Then scraped moss off the driveway and cleaned out a blocked gulley. It all contributes to keeping things in good shape and good working order.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I'm a bit untidy but I do enjoy cleaning and maintaining stuff, just a couple of little maintenance jobs around the home every weekend. Yesterday I made new rubber feet for my old Sartorius lab scales and then cleaned the utility room floor with a polishing paste to remove some scratches. Cleaned the bathroom window sill and cleaned a couple of grubby spots off a carpet before doing some Henrying. Then scraped moss off the driveway and cleaned out a blocked gulley. It all contributes to keeping things in good shape and good working order.

If you're at a loose end next weekend...

:whistle:

D

Deleted member 1258

As long as the place is reasonably clean and tidy I'm happy, if we get visitors they take us as they find us. I'd much rather ride a bike than clean it or tinker with it, so they only get minimum care necessary to keep them roadworthy.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Cleaning i'm ok at, but D.I.Y :stop:.I've been meaning to emulsion parts of my kitchen and bathroom since late April. The paint cracks and flakes from October till around early April due to the cold. I just can't be bothered, even though I know it'll only take about an hour to do it. It's probably not worth it now as i'll only have around two and a half months before it'd start to crack again. Ah well. The paint won't go off in the tin. Maybe next year eh :rolleyes: and if folk come round and notice it I can always say "Yes that's been on my list of must do's for a while, but i'm so busy I just don't have the time".:whistle:

Last edited:
It’s funny. My dad had a massive workshop jammed wall to wall and floor to ceiling with turning lathes, saw benches, power drills, welder, air compressor, grinding machine, etc plus literally dozens of smaller power and hand tools and spares of all descriptions. You could barely thread your way through it, yet if you asked him where something was, he always seemed to know! Lol.

A lot of guys are like this: a Norwegian friend lived several years in the woods and had the same sort of workshop. He said when he travelled to Alaska or Japan where guys have sheds they very often look the same, and as you say we know where everything is despite the apparent chaos.

Until we 'tidy up': then we lose everything for weeks...

Top Bottom