Old cyclist from Lincolnshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Monsieur

A rather substantial 5.46 miles at an average speed of 8mph!
Nothing for you pros I know but just getting onto the bike and moving out of my garage is a triumph of effort over apathy!

Legs fine, heart/lungs fine, backside sore and numb....suppose this just goes with repetion?

Covered in 20 million little black insects but nothing a shower wouldn't cure!

I've now got 6 weeks of summer holidays in front of me so for first week will get bike out every other day and then next week will try daily.

For interest I've got a halfords cheapish Reebox Voyager...49 years of lazy weight to carry round on the poor bike!!

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Nice one Monsieur. I visit Lincolnshire once or twice/year.You have a great place to ride in.

Distance and speed will improve rapidly if you keep it up. 2.5 years ago I struggled to do 3 miles to work arriving in a bath of sweat and unable to speak the first time.:biggrin:

Now I can do 125 mile rides without too much bother. Not bragging just saying how quickly your cycling will improve if you stick with it.

Good Luck.
PS swallow as many flies as possible to keep your protein intake up.:thumbsup:

Moss

A rather substantial 5.46 miles at an average speed of 8mph!
Nothing for you pros I know but just getting onto the bike and moving out of my garage is a triumph of effort over apathy!

Legs fine, heart/lungs fine, backside sore and numb....suppose this just goes with repetion?

Covered in 20 million little black insects but nothing a shower wouldn't cure!

I've now got 6 weeks of summer holidays in front of me so for first week will get bike out every other day and then next week will try daily.

For interest I've got a halfords cheapish Reebox Voyager...49 years of lazy weight to carry round on the poor bike!!

Hi Monsieur,

You sure it's not Jimmy Tarbuck? Your Avatar bares a striking resemblance to him! I've also just signed up to the forum! Sure sounds like a nice community.

Moss

screenman

Legendary Member
I hope you keep it up, I know quite a few teachers and ex teachers who cycle, both my son and his wife who are teachers race, my daughter-in-law is ranked number one in the women's vets mtb list at the moment, must be all the time you guys get off. Have fun keep smiling and definitely keep cycling I hope we meet some day.

Just out of interest where about in Lincolnshire.

Top Bottom