SOLD: Argon 18 Krypton KR 36 road bike – size XXS 42cm for age 8-12, carbon frame 700c

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
On eBay, my son's Argon: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162469093745

Argon 18 Krypton KR 36 road bike – size XXS 42cm for age 8-12 – full carbon frame and forks. 2010 model which was re-furbished before use last season including new bottom bracket, new bb cups and headset plus cables, etc.. Carbon and titanium Campagnolo Record 10 speed groupset; Campagnolo Record carbon shifters, front and rear derailleur. Campagnolo Record front and rear brake calipers. The re-furbishment changed the crankset from Campag to Shimano cups, but can be changed back as we still have those. Used for training and racing last season, not on the road. Comes with Fulcrum 7 wheels. Will also come with pedals.

Overall this weighs around 8.1kg in this standard set-up so it is very light.

Full details can be found at: https://www.argon18bike.com/uploads/files/2010-catalog.pdf

We've set the bike up for my son racing this season, after a sucessful 2016, only to find he's grown over Christmas! The final photo shows the bike in use at the York Sport curcuit last year with the carbon tubular wheels are also for sale.

Specification:

• Argon 18 carbon frame and Argon KR 36 carbon forks
  • Campagnolo Record carbon and titanium 10 speed shifters, front and rear derailleur, front and rear brakes with used Swissstop brake pads
  • Shimano R600 (105 level) crankset, 172.5mm cranks, 50/34 double.
  • Fulcrum 7 wheels size 700c with NEW Vittoria Rubino red/black tyres.
  • 3T Arx Pro stem and handlebars.
  • Bontrager carbon seatpost – 200mm long. If a longer one is needed a 350mm Cinelli Vai seatpost (shown in the photos) can be supplied instead.
  • San Marco Zoncolan saddle (RRP £110) fitted.
  • Elite Custom Race bottle cage
  • Will come with either new flat pedals or used SPD-SL R540's, whichever is preferred.
There are a number of marks on the frame but it hasn’t been crashed. Also the screws on the rear derailleur are worn – a new pair of screws are supplied (£20 from Italy!) but we’ve not had an issue with the current ones. It would benefit from a new pair of brake hoods at some point, so an original Campagnolo pair of these are supplied with the bike (worth £20).

Instead of the Shimano crankset it can be supplied with a carbon Campagnolo Record crankset, 175mm cranks, 53/39 chainrings. This would require the cups changing back but would give a full Campag Record set-up.

Collection from Dewsbury, West Yorkshire (near M1 J40 / M62 J29). I have a bike box so can also post the Argon although collection is preferred.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Reduced to £600 start on eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162469093745

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 41544

what about a pay monthly scheme? thats some bike for the price!!

Just a suggestion but advertising it as for a 8-12 yr old may be putting some potential buyers off, that bike would fit me and I'm a dam sight older than 12. It would suit a short arse bloke like me or quite a few women ie my wife and daughter. If people think its a kids bike they immediately de-value it.

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Just a suggestion but advertising it as for a 8-12 yr old may be putting some potential buyers off, that bike would fit me and I'm a dam sight older than 12. It would suit a short arse bloke like me or quite a few women ie my wife and daughter. If people think its a kids bike they immediately de-value it.

Thanks for the suggestion - I've had a couple of adults ask and if it doesn't sell this time I think I'll re-title it to the height.

what about a pay monthly scheme? thats some bike for the price!!

Erm ... :whistle: .

Top Bottom