On line Bike shop Reviews

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I know it has been done several times before, I'd just like to bring it up to date:

So far I've used Wiggle, CRC and PBK and these sites are much of a muchness, it seems that if an item is in stock they are reliable and usually but not always wiggle is the most expensive.
My brother used Planet-x recently and they were cheap and speedy.
What about other companies?

What has prompted this is I'm looking at a new cassette the 10sp 105 is cheapest on Merlin, Shiny bikes and Ribble but I've never used them before! I may just end up downgrading to a Tiagra 10sp from CRC.

mr Mag00

rising member
merlin have been around for many years and have used them a number of times and always have the goods in stock and delivered on time, use them

PpPete

Legendary Member
Merlin are very very quick IME. Order in morning, usually with you next day, whereas CRC & Ribble are (usually) 2nd working day. Worth joining their free "VIP Club" for a few more pennies off many items.

Planet-X are good too, and the German sites: RoseVersand & Bike24.

Fiona N

Veteran
Yes - I've had good experiences with both Merlin and Ribble and have also used 'High on Bikes' via Ebay links - these guys are phenomenally quick - the wheels were delivered (postage free) before Paypal had taken the money out of my account about 20 hours after I ordered.

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!
I know it has been done several times before, I'd just like to bring it up to date:

So far I've used Wiggle, CRC and PBK and these sites are much of a muchness, it seems that if an item is in stock they are reliable and usually but not always wiggle is the most expensive.
My brother used Planet-x recently and they were cheap and speedy.
What about other companies?

If anyone is looking for Brompton bits I can't praise SJS highly enough. Fast, reasonable delivery charges and they have Dave their Brompton Guru who is it seems always available by email or phone.

avsd

Guru
Superb customer service from Spa Cycle – parcel wentmissing and they reshipped within 24 hours no queries yet it was a £400package. Thankfully the original package turned up but I will always considerthem first.

Top Bottom