One for the engineers!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Most power plants have very comprehensive documentation and operating manuals, although the collection sounds interesting it's hard to see anybody paying much, if there are any construction or new build pics they may sell, this is a pic of the long gone Ferrybridge A Station Turbine.
That'll be a steam turbine. CCGT power stations - about 65% thermally efficient under best conditions - have a gas turbine AND a steam turbine, since the exhaust from a gas turbine is still hot enough to make steam.

Venod

Eh up
That'll be a steam turbine. CCGT power stations - about 65% thermally efficient under best conditions - have a gas turbine AND a steam turbine, since the exhaust from a gas turbine is still hot enough to make steam.

Yes you are correct, I worked in the power industry for 35 years on all types of power plant, I was just illustrating what type of pics maybe worth trying to sell.

fritz katzenjammer

Der Ubergrosserbudgie
I recently shovelled a life’s worth of engineering documents, texts and reference materials into the recycling bin. Most of this stuff is out of date and pretty much worthless the day after the machines it involves go out of service.

Unless it’s specific documents relating to something pretty special ( for example: original Supermarine Spitfire drawings signed by Mitchell himself ) bin them. Every lifelong technical type I know ended their working days with a shelf load of interesting stuff. They are of huge value and interest to the person who accumulated them and pretty much worthless to the rest of us.

fritz katzenjammer

Der Ubergrosserbudgie
Thinking on it… I’ll bet the company I just left would have like to have had some of the stuff I just tossed as the twit they hired to replace me has successfully lost all of the original files somewhere in the deepest darkest recesses of the corporate computer network.

Oh well… not my problem.

bruce1530

Guru
The original blue prints for the first ever Y fronts must surely be worth some serious money these days?

Brown prints, surely....

Top Bottom