One for the techhies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
I have an Android phone. I want to move some of the photos of the kids to different folders so I have a folder for each of them, and generally faff about tidying it up.

However, when I look on Google photos I see pictures which are not in the 'Files' pictures folder! When I try to move them from Google photos to the 'Files' I can't! What is odd is that on some days half the photos are there and half aren't! So I have a picture of my daughter at the bottom of a climb, then back at the bottom of the climb, but the pictures from the climb are in Google photos, but not in the 'Files' app!

Any ideas what is going on, and how I can move photos from Google photos to 'Files' without emailing them to myself and uploading to a different location?

I generally use Total Commander to look at the folders and move files around. Never had a problem with things not moving.

I have an Android phone. I want to move some of the photos of the kids to different folders so I have a folder for each of them, and generally faff about tidying it up.

However, when I look on Google photos I see pictures which are not in the 'Files' pictures folder! When I try to move them from Google photos to the 'Files' I can't! What is odd is that on some days half the photos are there and half aren't! So I have a picture of my daughter at the bottom of a climb, then back at the bottom of the climb, but the pictures from the climb are in Google photos, but not in the 'Files' app!

Any ideas what is going on, and how I can move photos from Google photos to 'Files' without emailing them to myself and uploading to a different location?
Don't use Google photos for anything except backup. Use the built-in Gallery app, if a Samsung, or its equivalent on other phones. Or, as @PeteXXX says, use a third-party file manager app - loads on Play Store.

Top Bottom