One Month in Review

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
philipgonzales3

philipgonzales3

Do disposable contact lenses work for you? I wear my normal glasses for commuting but for leisure rides I tend to wear contact lenses and sun glasses.

Not really, my eyes are sensitive and in the past even with daily contact lenses my eyes were not comfortable. I may try them at my next appointment in a year but for the short term not really an option but we'll see what happens.

OP
OP
philipgonzales3

philipgonzales3

What you have imho is better than nothing - did so for years: it prevents the big beasts hitting your eyes directly and reduces the wind effects. Of course bigger lenses work a better.
I have to wear prescription glasses as well. Never tried contact lenses myself but that might be an option for you. That would allow you to choose from much, much more manufacturers and models of sport glasses.

At the moment I have a very expensive solution, but it works fantastic: a Rudy Project Rydon Slim frame with automatic darkening correction lenses.
In my experience from (15 to 20 years ago) solutions with clip-in correction lenses tended to mist up significantly faster and longer than glasses with just one "lens". But probably the manufacturers addressed that issue in the meantime.

Hope that helps,

E.

Those are sweet, I may look into them in the future.

EckyH

Oh... one simple thing came in handy today: a cycling cap underneath the helmet. It prevented one humming flying creature to get caught in my hairs.
Cycling caps have two to three other advantages for me: it gives some shelter from the sun, I can moisten it on hot days to get some cooling and it works as a wind shield on colder days.
The possible biggest advantage is for other people: If they ask you what they can give you as a gift... you never have enough cycling caps. ;)

E.

Top Bottom