One of the worst close LGV passes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

som3blok3

:eek:Wow, scary stuff. Im sure that by it's size it's an HGV, even worse!!!!

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I remember that when he released the footage, he said he had to get into the mud to avoid the wheels of the trailer. IIRC he also got a lot of s*** from know-nothings who trolled him at the time.

Norm

IIRC he also got a lot of s*** from know-nothings who trolled him at the time.
TBH, then, having watched the whole video, colour me as a know-nothing.

Most of those passes were non-events or (such as the one starting at around 0:45 or the one starting at 3:48) he was chasing the car across the road to make it look worse.

The rider also didn't help himself on some occasions - such as passing the blockage at 2:25. Any of those cars could have taken to the grass, just as the rider did.

The shame is that there was some genuinely inexcusable driving (the SUV at around 2 minutes) which was completely diluted by, well I was watching the glorious countryside rather than considering most of it to be close passes (such as the one starting at about 3:08).

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
A HGV did exactly the same thing to me, except there was nothing coming the other way to 'force' it back into me. Therefore less of an excuse?

I had to bunny hop onto the grass to avoid going under the rear wheels.

Not funny.

So shook up and scared I didn't get a reg or company name.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
TBH, then, having watched the whole video, colour me as a know-nothing.

Most of those passes were non-events or (such as the one starting at around 0:45 or the one starting at 3:48) he was chasing the car across the road to make it look worse.

The rider also didn't help himself on some occasions - such as passing the blockage at 2:25. Any of those cars could have taken to the grass, just as the rider did.

The shame is that there was some genuinely inexcusable driving (the SUV at around 2 minutes) which was completely diluted by, well I was watching the glorious countryside rather than considering most of it to be close passes (such as the one starting at about 3:08).

I'm talking specifically about the trucker bit. It seemed to spur some on. We also have to remember that some of the traffic laws Stateside are not like they are here. Theres priority laws for turning on to and off some roads iirc, so we may be seeing some of that with UK eyes. There are also laws on passing distance in some states, usually 3 feet.

Norm

I didn't see much about the truck pass which was justifiable.

I pulled into a local haulage yard a few weeks back because a skip lorry had followed me up a hill for about 1km as there was nowhere to pass and nowhere for me to pull in. The driver was muchly amazed, as his yard was about 2 miles further up the road so it was probably 10 minutes later. He was happy that I acknowledged it at the time and delighted that I wanted to shake his hand in thanks.

buggi

Bird Saviour
That's bad. same thing happened to me with a dustbin truck not long back. i was proper shook up, not like when i have a close pass and i'm steaming. i was just glad he didn't hit me. really thought i was going under it. Never had the presence of mind to get the number plate afterwards

Top Bottom