One of those commutes today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bristol Dave

Setting off in a morning as grey as a tax collectors wit I was instantly let out onto the main road by a builder in a van. Unfortunately it was a blue van. As my legs churned like well greased pistons in a mighty bio-engine I found my spirits lift and a song erupted from my lips 'Born free, as free as a bird see' I sang with gusto. It is unfortunate that I don't know the words to this song and I would only get on X-Factor in the bloopers reel but hey, I was enjoying myself.

As I zipped through the underpass I said in a gleeful voice to some pedestrians 'it's Friday!'. This elicited a saucy, throaty chuckle from a young women.

Finally, wheezing and panting like a prize winning greyhound I made it further up the hill before getting off to push than ever before. I know getting off to push is anathema to the hardcore commuter but I challenge you to give me a backy and see how far you get :blush:

I made it into work about 30 seconds over my PB but without even trying, just having fun on the bike. I put these high spirits down, purely, to the endorphine rush of cycling.

To all on CC - stay safe and have a good weekend.

Dave

Chamfus Flange

May days like that keep coming

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Wind behind you - work is obviously SW of where you live.

I, on the other hand, struggled a bit to get into work, then decided to drift, rather than fight. Wind should be behind me on the way home, though, and the sun is shining.

OP
OP
B

Bristol Dave

BrumJim said:
Wind behind you - work is obviously SW of where you live.

NW to work BrumJim, although it is more west then north than a straight run. Didn't notice any wind until the last hill, when it was in my smiling face!

BD

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Bristol Dave said:
Setting off in a morning as grey as a tax collectors wit I was instantly let out onto the main road by a builder in a van. Unfortunately it was a blue van. As my legs churned like well greased pistons in a mighty bio-engine I found my spirits lift and a song erupted from my lips 'Born free, as free as a bird see' I sang with gusto. It is unfortunate that I don't know the words to this song and I would only get on X-Factor in the bloopers reel but hey, I was enjoying myself.

As I zipped through the underpass I said in a gleeful voice to some pedestrians 'it's Friday!'. This elicited a saucy, throaty chuckle from a young women.

Finally, wheezing and panting like a prize winning greyhound I made it further up the hill before getting off to push than ever before. I know getting off to push is anathema to the hardcore commuter but I challenge you to give me a backy and see how far you get ;)

I made it into work about 30 seconds over my PB but without even trying, just having fun on the bike. I put these high spirits down, purely, to the endorphine rush of cycling.

To all on CC - stay safe and have a good weekend.

Dave

Smashing, thanks Bristol Dave, you've raised my spirits no-end.

Good weekend to you too.:blush:

Wheeledweenie

Über Member
What's wrong with getting off and walking occasionally? I'm of the 'if I can walk faster than I'm going on the bike I shall do so' variety.

I had a lovely commute in actually, no traffic (it was gridlock yesterday) and I was in new tights. Lovely.

Top Bottom