One week/10 day tour suggestion for August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not a chance - it just came into my head - doable in the time frame - I was just trying to help the OP out of his dilemma - was trying to be careful - the last time i posted on "advise me a tour" the OP hasn't been seen since :sad:

Reactions: mjr

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
@ianrauk I couldn't find it - any hints?

Jay

Hi Jay

Not sure what the psmiffy meant by not exciting. Cycling is what you make it, where ever you are. I don't go cycling to be excited rather to enjoy my time on the bike.

Myself and @Trickedem flew to Geneva, bikes in cardboard bike boxes. Unpacked and reassembled the bikes in the airport and away we went. The first day was climbing the stunning Jura Mountain, up and over and into Lons Le Saunier. From there on to Villegusien Du Lac, on to Troyes (which is a lovely town), then to Chateau Thierry in the magnificent champaign country. On to Amiens with it's stunning cathedral, then on to Calais.

It turned out to be a really nice week of riding though stunning country, through great towns, villages and hamlets. With plenty to see and do on the way.
As I said, it is what you make it.

We enjoyed it so much that we are doing a repeat run end of this coming August.

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
Cheers @ianrauk and @psmiffy much appreciate all your inputs. Now have the possibility of a trip with family a week earlier (sole reason for a mid Aug BillyNoMates was complicated logistics). So that will be non cycling if it happens.

Geneva or Lyon back to the Channel is doable and a side/corner of France I know less well. Live in south east and southwest so keen to do new

Will keep you all posted

Top Bottom