One year in

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

trickletreat

Veteran
Hello all, here goes with a bit of an intro. I have cycled for over 40 years, sometimes for play, sometimes for work, always with a smile....well almost.
Had a serious accident while working with horses which stopped me cycling for a while. Neck and back are now in a bit of a state, but with a desire to improve mobility and freedom, I started cycling again last September.
IMG_3523.jpg

I had a Swissbike fitted with a Heinzmann motor by a great guy up on the North York Moors...is it ok to mention his outfit? Anyway, I attached a trailer for my daughter, and used it through the winter to the summer hols, to do the school run.
It has been fantastic..even sold my car, have to rely on my wife now if I can't fit all the shopping in the trailer! She still has her car for work and towing the caravan, but has a new bike for riding with our daughter.
Our daughter used a balance bike for six months from her third birthday, then as she was starting to lock the brake to skid, we thought pedals might give her something to think about. We bought her an Islabike, and she rode out of Islas hands after only a few yards; in under two weeks she managed several rides from four to six miles on the Greenaway, near Stratford.
Only hiccup was a bit of a fall on the ice last winter, which put me out of action; mainly as I broke the trailer hitch. As I will continue to tow the trailer/and or trailer bike for a few years to come, I have just bought a cracking second hand Thorax sinus trike, which will hopefully be a bit more stable for me for the winter. I have also fitted a motor to this to help out when the body will not.
IMG_4695.jpg

I have been reading posts here for a while, and have picked up some useful info. Having had a few close shaves, and one deliberate attack by a driver with his vehicle,[he was arrested, but no witnesses] I have read with interest others accounts of similar happenings. The most important thing for me is the advice given, especially with regard to positioning and cyclecraft. More importantly I have been very impressed by some here who try to encourage their fellow riders to be calm, mature and non confrontational. It is very important to enjoy the ride, and thats what I hope to do...thanks for reading.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Excellent, that's great - glad you've managed to keep cycling despite your injuries. The recumbent trike and trailer looks like a fantastic mode of transport. Good for you!

rh100

Hi and welcome.

Those bikes look the business. I'm really impressed that you've stuck it out. Gave my car up a couple of weeks ago and havn't missed it (yet!), relying on the other halfs car when needed.

Just noticed your location by the way, doubly welcome ;)

Rich

Crankarm

Guru
Impressed. Nice first post. A real cyclist. Sorry to read you're battling injury.

:becool:

Hopefully we will hear a lot more of your cycling exploits and more nice pics.

BentMikey will now have someone to talk to about recumbents.

Top Bottom