Online buying...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

Hello is that [my name] ?

Goes the text msg. !

So i think who's after my ass :biggrin:

So I call it back, some bloke answers (no, sadly, it wasnt a fit soundng bit of fluff..:biggrin: )

'Have you bought some stuff on Datakits (looking for some headphones for the mobile)'

I reply 'yes, but didnt buy it from datakits, another place/site. - anyhow how do you know' (i say) - (him) cause i'm looking at your account now - who are you i say - (him) i'm calling from burton on trent and ive got your account up on the screen - he went on the site and it appears (it appeared) :biggrin:

So, he says I just thought I'd tell you / let you know !...

Ok thanks, i sign off by saying... - ive since changed my details on the site which I hardly use...

Just thought I post this to say dont forget to log-out ! if your gonna buy something on the net :ohmy:

Shaun

Founder
Was this in a public internet cafe?

If so, the logout is sounds advice - you might also consider deleting ALL cookies at the end of your user session too! :biggrin:

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Admin said:
Was this in a public internet cafe?

If so, the logout is sounds advice - you might also consider deleting ALL cookies at the end of your user session too! :eek:

No Ad's - purely on the GF's comp. so he either has hacked it OR god knows...(a prob. with that site).

Peter

Wakey wakey everyone - this has nothing to do with hacking. Smart websites will be able to monitor your movements on their website. If you enter any details, especially a mobile number expect a text or call.

buggi

Bird Saviour
it's doubtful he was hacking, because he wouldn't call you and tell you. he sounds pretty genuine to me.

Top Bottom