Only me.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
I have hurt my jaw.Yesterday I made one of those Subway type sarnies.It was enormous the whole bread stick,at least ten inches long.So first bite at the end,I heard a click and I am sure a twang,well I cannot open my mouth fully face is right under my right ear.Slight pain when I chew.What a carry on.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Ouch!

midlife

Guru
It's actually quite common, mostly done by yawning and not eating though. I guess you can get your teeth to meet properly. Hot and cold packs helps as does taking an anti inflammatory for a few days. Needs rest like a sprained ankle so no hard foods. Should be OK in a week or so. :smile:

So you tried to make and then failed to eat a baguette? I've got fairly limited sympathy for that kind of behaviour.
To be fair 'baguette jaw' is a thing that we all experience when visiting France, be it twangs of 'something' like postie or 'just' abraded gums. Obviously the clue is in the French name for bread.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
It's still a problem,but it's easing.I chew very slowly and small portions.

I was injured by a Spanish baguette type loaf .It scratched the back of my mouth, caused an ulcer and I couldnt eat enough to tour at full pace. Crusty rolls, damn then; Damn them all to hell.

Top Bottom