Oops I’ve done it again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRHysted

Guru
N + 1 has struck again picked this up today.

Attachments

• EAD5E411-5807-4127-9830-352B4F77E10A.jpeg
    EAD5E411-5807-4127-9830-352B4F77E10A.jpeg
    427.4 KB · Views: 43

classic33

Leg End Member
Those cranks appear to be on the long side.

OP
OP
DRHysted

DRHysted

Guru
Not done much mileage as the inner tubes and tyres look perished and the front wheels are not 20” so none of my spares fit. The rear is a 700 so I’m going to get the front rebuilt as 700 to save on spares and easier rolling.
Supposedly it has sat in the garage for about a year, it has been incredibly well cared for, all the joints are greased and the chain is like nearly new.
I did a short ride yesterday and those front tyres are not designed for our roads, at one point my vision was blurred due to the vibrations (hence new wheels and tyres). The drum brakes are excellent (my first time with drum brakes), and the gears although widely spaced (3x7) are slick and good enough for now.
Finally sorted the storage issue, but I cannot get anymore bikes now without having to build a new shed!!

Attachments

• CBF63CBA-149D-44CB-A205-3B69F9B7C64E.jpeg
    CBF63CBA-149D-44CB-A205-3B69F9B7C64E.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 25
  • CD3B6F22-2540-4E10-8550-1F41E8F5D9BE.jpeg
    CD3B6F22-2540-4E10-8550-1F41E8F5D9BE.jpeg
    124.6 KB · Views: 25
OP
OP
DRHysted

DRHysted

Guru
New wheels arrived yesterday and they do look a little large on her, but they’ve seriously increased the ground clearance and made it easier to get on and off.
Not sure of her history or age, as there is no decals, and those front tyres were perished.
Still haven’t done any mileage as time is short, but she’s now ready to go.

Attachments

• FF0DDEC3-01E2-4E2A-A3E7-DAD9752E5AF9.jpeg
    FF0DDEC3-01E2-4E2A-A3E7-DAD9752E5AF9.jpeg
    395.1 KB · Views: 16
OP
OP
DRHysted

DRHysted

Guru
It's not quite yellow enough for me, but curious, what brand is it?
I thought it might be a Pete Ross 'Trice' ,at first, had one 30 yrs ago!

I don’t know what brand it is, there are no markings. The old front wheels, tyres, inner tubes were marked as 20” but were much larger than the 20” tyres I have (hence having new wheels built). When I tried looking for similar tyres the only ones I could find were on eBay marked as for display purposes only as they’d been found in an old store room with stuff from the 80s. So I think she could be an old girl.

Took her out for a ride today and everything feels perfect. She’s got a bit of a shock in store, as she starts commuting duties just before 6am tomorrow.

grldtnr

You know I rather think it is, good luck with it, I remember mine had superb handling, indeed she may have a bit of a shock!
The steering kingpins very much look like a Trice, I can't see the top end of the seat stays, I presume that it will look like a half tube brazed on to the stays, held on with 'Jubilee clips', under the seat might be, a bottom bracket shell with caps on to fix the rest stays to the main chassis tube., You mentioned the tyres,being not the usual 20", that would be right, they were not the standard '406' size now
If I am right, she is a bit of a rare beast indeed,not many survived, the ancestor of today's ICE Trikes now.
'Bin chance'!

Top Bottom