Opinions on Garmin Varia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Also, switch it on and stand back from it and then walk towards it.

You will see how it reacts to your approach, its pretty cool. :becool:

Mine goes off wheeling the bike through the side gate. I am to the side and there is nothing approaching so always completely foxed as to what is detecting.

Slick

Guru
Mine goes off wheeling the bike through the side gate. I am to the side and there is nothing approaching so always completely foxed as to what is detecting.

Yeah, strange that.

I noticed mine by accident as I parked up and went out the garage to do something without switching everything off. As I approached the bike, it went into a frenzy and I realised exactly why I was getting more wide passes when using it.

Perhaps, as you open your gate, the bike goes backwards slightly. The Varia only needs a slight movement to detect relative movment so it would 'see' a static object behind you as 'approaching'.

Mike_P

Guru
Didn't happen going out this afternoon so occured to be it might be detecting the movement of a shrub when the wind is stronger but tehn when I got back it did it and the only thing behind it was my parked car:wacko:

Top Bottom