Opinions on Giant Dash 1?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mille

Hi all, I'm moving this thread as like an idiot I didn't read the instruction to post 'what bike' questions here and put it in beginners instead ;)

So - I've been to my local bike shop - great people - free servicing for life which I feel is a better deal than any internet discount I could get.

What I would like to know is people's opinion of the Giant Dash 1? I've been riding a cheapy Gryphon which I've had for 4 years and it's getting a little creaky now - I'm sure a decent service would fix most things but my other half wants to treat me to a new bike (I know - how lucky am I).

Anyway I really don't want drop bars, I'll be using the bike mostly for commuting and a bit of weekend fun, so being able to see in traffic is fairly important (although a large part of my journey to work is down lanes).

I want something fast a light - the Dash 2 looked ok, but I really only want the double crankset as that's what I have now. The Dash 1 is £200 more so is the extra money worth it?

I'd be grateful for any help you could offer before I part with (my other half's :sad:) cash.

Cheers

OP
OP
M

Mille

Must be something I said :smile:

Sorry Mille,

105 rear mech, Tiagra compact double chainset, better wheels...in general better quality, stronger and lighter gear.

Basically a good quality road bike with flat bars which replaced the Giant FCR. As to whether or not it is worth another 200quid, only you can say unfortunately. I prefer the paint on the 2 tbh. :biggrin:

OP
OP
M

Mille

Really, you prefer the green?

I quite like the teal :laugh: And I love the Anthracite rather than the black (not that I would ever choose anything purely on colour you understand ;)

I've actually managed to sort a cyclescheme loan out at work so overall it will cost me £520 :smile: which is only £70 more than the Dash 3 so I'm a happy bunny.

Just waiting for the voucher now ;)

Norm

Oh, is that what colour teal is? ;)

What's not to love...
118757.jpg

OP
OP
M

Mille

;)

Men and any colours which are not red/blue/green/yellow. ;)

Had to explain what 'buff' was to someone the other day

OP
OP
M

Mille

Baggy said:
Hmmm, strictly speaking that bike is aquamarine, teal is supposed to be greener...;)

Looks like a nice all round bike though.

http://desktoppub.about.com/cs/colorcalibration/a/cal_monitor.htm ;)

Norm

Mille said:
Had to explain what 'buff' was to someone the other day
It's a brand name for a seamless neck-warmer or neck gaiter, favoured by cyclists and motorcyclists... etc :sad:

In Norm World:

Aquamarine = teal = light blue

Buff = light brown

It's easier in my world. :sad:

Top Bottom