Opinions please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
I was in Chevin Cycles today.I saw the Trek Madone 5.2.Now i have found out it comes with a triple and a 64cm frame.I am 6'4".Cost £2,800+.
Is there a better bike in this price range ? Any ideas?

I was in Chevin Cycles today.I saw the Trek Madone 5.2.Now i have found out it comes with a triple and a 64cm frame.I am 6'4".Cost £2,800+.
Is there a better bike in this price range ? Any ideas?

Did you try it for size? I suspect it will be too big, even with sloping geometry. I used to have a Madone 5.5, (c.2006) with horizontal geometry, that was a 60cm and I'm 6'5".

Sloping does mean you'll need a bigger frame though, and when I tried a 2009 Madone in a 60 although it was too small, I can't imagine I'd have gone upto a 64.

I have to say as well, I wouldn't want a carbon frame so big, but I am on a big carbon downer at the moment TBH. Have you looked at the Cannondale CAAD10? Lighter than most carbon anyway, and they have a slightly longer top tube which helps us talller guys too, check it out HERE

It's a better speced bike for less money than the 5.2 as well. Over and above the Trek, £2.5k gets you Dura-Ace shifters, Dura-Ace rear mech, RS80 wheels, (Bontrager are great for popping spokes), Schwalbe tyres, Fizik saddle, FSA SL-K Light Carbon crankset - and a frame that's not a re-stickered Giant - no offence to Giant owners :whistle:

Christ, I think I'll get one myself, hang on a minute, I've got one :biggrin:

Top Bottom