Opportunity to ride with Chris Boardman

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi there

Through my charity The Karen Green Foundation I have secured Chris Boardman for the day on Wed 16th April for a bike ride and tea and cake afterwards. There are only 12 places available and I have got 4 left.

I am selling the places at £250 per person - on the day we have a photographer recording the experience plus you can take merchandise to have signed. Chris is giving his time free of charge and all the money is going to my charity which provides respite holiday accommodation for leukaemia sufferers.

Please email me at jayne@karengreebfoundation,com or call me on 07795 342639.
More information can be found here http://www.karengreenfoundation.co.uk/blog/index.php/join-chris-boardman-for-a-bike-ride/ Thanks, Jayne

MikeG

Guru
£250 for a 2 hour bike ride! I sincerely wish you the very best of luck.

Sharky

Guru
Extract from the fixed wheel site - not my words
Keith

On a wet Saturday evening in 1993, Chris Boardman ( North Wirral Velo-Kodak ) shattered his own 25 mile competition record on 110" fixed. Riding on a revised version of the H25/13 course based on the A34 at Oxford, his plan was simple. Turn the110" gear at 102 rpm and he would do a 47. Chris being on top form during his build up to the hour record attempt looked rock steady and keeping his heart rate at around 180 bpm made the ride look effortless. Choosing a bike with fixed rather than gears resulted in a 30% reduction in weight, Chris was able to stay well on top of the gear and record a 45-57. After the ride Chris said he thought he would be unable to father anymore children after bouncing all over the saddle on the 2 mile downhill start. Personally I would tell Chris to stop moaning and try riding the medium gear. Thanks to Cycling weekly for the picture and info.

ChrisB.jpg

BikeLiker

[QUOTE 3011516, member: 30090"]No thanks, the guy only won gold off the back of a world class bike designer imo. Someone who is more interested in VO2 and training at attitude, in other words - zero personality.

[/QUOTE]
Really? And your explanation for his yellow jerseys? Have you ever met him?

dodgy

[QUOTE 3011516, member: 30090"]No thanks, the guy only won gold off the back of a world class bike designer imo. Someone who is more interested in VO2 and training at attitude, in other words - zero personality.
[/QUOTE]

'IMO', ah yes, the refuge of those without facts.

And zero personality, you've met him? I'm guessing not, he's a top bloke, a cracking laugh and not afraid to take the piss a bit. I'd prefer his company over yours, 'imo'.

Having said that, £250 - way too steep.

Top Bottom