Optima Baron ride out.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

riggsbie

Coffee and Recumbent Trikes.......
I like Baron's.......

It looks nice and stable at high speed !!

I am totally envious of your hydraulic brakes, my rim brakes on my Musashi are pretty hopeless.

The weather is improving here in Oz - so we have had the opportunity to get out a bit more this weekend........I have also started training for - Round the Bay - a 250km ride from Melbourne around Port Phillip Bay, in just 7 weeks time......

Did a good 120 km ride on Saturday in just over 4 hours and practiced eating on the move - we had a good group of riders and had some fast runs on the hills......

Felt really good after the ride - so the training is working, also did 55km of riding on Sunday too !

OP
OP
BlackPanther

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
I like Baron's.......

It looks nice and stable at high speed !!

I am totally envious of your hydraulic brakes, my rim brakes on my Musashi are pretty hopeless.

The weather is improving here in Oz - so we have had the opportunity to get out a bit more this weekend........I have also started training for - Round the Bay - a 250km ride from Melbourne around Port Phillip Bay, in just 7 weeks time......

Did a good 120 km ride on Saturday in just over 4 hours and practiced eating on the move - we had a good group of riders and had some fast runs on the hills......

Felt really good after the ride - so the training is working, also did 55km of riding on Sunday too !

I'm not so keen on the brakes. They are too keen, even after backing them off. I'd have preferred common BB7 disk brakes, but they came on the bike. Maintaining them is my main concern, but I suppose I'll just have to learn.

I'm planning a long ride myself, Doncaster to Milton Keynes (135 miles) setting off Saturday morning and doing it in one day, rest Sunday and come back on Monday. Not sure if I can manage 270 miles in one weekend, but there's only one way to find out! I did it last year on a road bike, but camped half way there (and back). This time I plan to do it all in one. Got to do it in the next few weeks or there won't be enough daylight to get there in one day.

Moby

I'm not so keen on the brakes. They are too keen, even after backing them off. I'd have preferred common BB7 disk brakes, but they came on the bike. Maintaining them is my main concern, but I suppose I'll just have to learn.

I'm planning a long ride myself, Doncaster to Milton Keynes (135 miles) setting off Saturday morning and doing it in one day, rest Sunday and come back on Monday. Not sure if I can manage 270 miles in one weekend, but there's only one way to find out! I did it last year on a road bike, but camped half way there (and back). This time I plan to do it all in one. Got to do it in the next few weeks or there won't be enough daylight to get there in one day.
I like the police style reflective material on the rear pannier - how did you achieve that ?

All the best

Top Bottom