Orbea Gain, assist is failing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fatherthack

Orbea Gain. Bike assist keeps dropping off. I’ve remapped the settings to 100% but still happens.
Two bike shops, two solutions.
1. Drain battery and start again (switched off and on again🙄)
2. It’s the pedal sensor.

Thoughts and advice please?

Orbea Gain. Bike assist keeps dropping off. I’ve remapped the settings to 100% but still happens.
Two bike shops, two solutions.
1. Drain battery and start again (switched off and on again🙄)
2. It’s the pedal sensor.

Thoughts and advice please?

SiIlly and very basic - but do the speed sensor rely on a magnet on the wheel
If so is it close enough?

Had something similar with one of mine and fixed it by turning teh magnet round a bit so it passed closer to the detector

if not that - I would imagine the pedal sensor is a more likely solution

with one proviso - is it under guarantee - if so don;t fiddle unless it give someone a chance to say it voided the warrantee

Dadam

Pedal sensor might have had a knock. You can adjust the gap easily yourself (I've read; I've not done it myself)
If you're on FB search for the group Orbea Gain electric owners club. Lots more owners on there.

richtea

> Bike assist keeps dropping off. I
That reads like it comes back. If so, suggestion 1 seems very unlikely to help.

Suggestion 2 is much more likely, but you might also check the battery -> motor connector is fully pushed in.
Disconnect and reconnect it to be sure. Just make sure the arrows on the connectors line up. They're tricky to see in all black.

It's down under the rear frame (courtesy of BikeRadar).
bike-review-12-1506355097740-14lwuplinegyq-9022fe1.jpg

Last edited:
One of my ebikes (the folder) has a connector that can be inserted at the wrong angle and feels perfectly OK

It took me a while to find the bloomi' arrows but when I did it reconnected just fine.
If you have accidentally tried to push them together at the wrong angle then check them very carefull befire trying again. I used ot have one that could easily be push slightly wrong and it was very easy to bend the pins and mess the whole thing up (a design fault - now fixed on that model!)

Top Bottom