Orbea Orca road bike size 54cm for sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chrwhiteis

Orbea Orca road bike size 54cm - original cost c #2,500 (lights were extra at C #400)

Full Carbon frame and fork, full Shimano Ultegra groupset,Shimano SPD pedals,Mavic Ksyrium Flite wheelset, Michelin tyres ITM bars and stem, Zeus carbon seat post,San Marco Italian saddle,carbon bottle cage and expensive lupine light set.

I've recently moved to Africa and the roads there just aren't good enough for this type of bike.

Any offers ? or ideas of where I could find a buyer

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Most people want a price before they buy.

peanut

chrwhiteis said:
Orbea Orca road bike size 54cm - original cost c #2,500 (lights were extra at C #400)

Full Carbon frame and fork, full Shimano Ultegra groupset,Shimano SPD pedals,Mavic Ksyrium Flite wheelset, Michelin tyres ITM bars and stem, Zeus carbon seat post,San Marco Italian saddle,carbon bottle cage and expensive lupine light set.

I've recently moved to Africa and the roads there just aren't good enough for this type of bike.

Any offers ? or ideas of where I could find a buyer

Chris if you do a google you can download a little macro that will sort out your keyboard layout problem.
try this first
1. click 'Start' button then 'Control Panel' option.
2. click 'Date Time and Regional Options' option.
3. click 'Regional and language' option - see 'Regional and language' dialog.
4. click on 'Languages' tab.
5. click on the 'Details' button - see the 'Text Services and Input Languages'
dialog.
6. drop the 'Default input language' list.
7. select the 'English (United Kingdom) - United Kingdom' option.
8. click OK then OK (again) and close the control panel dialog.
9. open Notepad or Word then try out the keys you were missing.

OP
OP
C

chrwhiteis

rich p said:
Most people want a price before they buy.

Hi Rich

Thanks for taking the time to post a reply. I really don't have a firm idea of a price. This is the first time I have had to sell a bike like this. I'm happy to be guided by forum members of what a reasonable price would be.

Thanks for your input.

chrwhiteis

rich p

ridiculous old lush
chrwhiteis said:
Hi Rich

Thanks for taking the time to post a reply. I really don't have a firm idea of a price. This is the first time I have had to sell a bike like this. I'm happy to be guided by forum members of what a reasonable price would be.

Thanks for your input.

chrwhiteis

I understand your point that you want to maximise your price but people will either offer silly money, hoping for a bargain, or won't bother. I really think you have to decide how much you're willing to lose on the price you paid and take the plunge. What have you got to lose? If you want to provoke an auction you'd be better off sticking it on ebay but you'll have to set a (reserve) price anyway.

OP
OP
C

chrwhiteis

Hi Guys

Thanks for the advice - and I se from the offers of £100 and £101 that your point about attracting 'silly offers' is accurate.

As I've said I've not sold a bike like this before so I woudl welcome some suggestions on what a reasonable price would be. I'll then try and use these to work out a ONO price and add that to the original thread.

Its good to see that some people are reading the ads

chrwhiteis

From a personal point of view and please don't take offence, but you are new, your first post is to try and sell a bike worth over £1000 and you say you live or have just moved to Africa.

Alarm bells are ringing all over the place for me, then you say you don't know its worth so more alarms

sorry nothing personal but even at £100 I wouldn't risk my money

peanut

me neither.
In fact I absolutely hate people who claim they don't know how much a thing is worth to them and insist on offers. It always always means they are greedy and want to extract the maximum possible hoping some idiot will offer more than its worth.
You have no feedback from selling anything else on here . Plus you are not even in the country. I'd want to see a copy of the original sales invoice before even considering it.

peanut said:
me neither.
In fact I absolutely hate people who claim they don't know how much a thing is worth to them and insist on offers. It always always means they are greedy and want to extract the maximum possible hoping some idiot will offer more than its worth.
You have no feedback from selling anything else on here . Plus you are not even in the country. I'd want to see a copy of the original sales invoice before even considering it.

I have no problem with asking for offers, if that means you are greedy then so be it, I have done the same in the past including selling a bike for almost £100 more than I paid for it, yes I got a good deal when I bought it, I could have asked the same price but I went for offers, also by the same accounts I've had offers that were silly low but still let things sell for less than I would have liked to have got, work on whats been offered and go from there, market pressure and all that stuff.

But being in UK, not knowing what the bike cost in the first place, being a total newbie etc thats where I have issues

Anyway I think that we are all cleaver enough to see a probable scam when we see it, and if you don't well you deserve to be burnt

tomog1

Hello !
Is it still actual that You want to sale Your bike ? If so, is it possible to send it outside UK ?
Tom.

Top Bottom