our stables please add

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
IMG_0044 (2).JPG
IMG_0049 (2).JPG
Here's a photo I took today of my four together, Trek Madone 3.5, Whyte Coniston, Trek Superfly and my Dawes Kingpin.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
My modified Nishiki Altus, great little bike, 21 speed hybrid gearing means a good all purpose bike.
DSCF2470.JPG

My new Boardman Sportbike Ltd Edition , lovely bike.
DSCF2480.JPG

Chris1983

Mine have grown since my last post :shy: ... And yes, I do use them all !!!
View attachment 110281

Thinking .... Maybe I'm addicted :blush:

I must show this image to my missus later. She thinks I am crazy for having too many bikes (I have three, road, hardtail,full sus).

Hopefully this will show her that I don't have enough and clearly i need more :-)

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
20151220_145841.jpg
anybody with any updates to this thread

Here's ours;

Planet X XLS uber-commuter

IMG_20160107_110523391.jpg

Ridley Icarus SLS;old pic,now has Ultegra brakes,Fizik saddle and black bar tape.

Icarus April 2014-6372.jpg

Graham Weigh steel single speeder(still a work in progress;needs better stem and bars and some proper pedals).

IMG_20151111_072748353.jpg

Ridley Helium SL (Will look a bit different when it's out of hibernation;new wheels/tyres and saddle)

Helium 27-03-15-4.jpg

And the better half's Liv Avail 3

IMG_20150928_183932335_HDR.jpg

Also there's the other half's Raleigh mtb,my old Trek hybrid in bits and an old Dawes Shadow frame that's too big for me.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Despite growing up in the countryside surrounded by great cycling roads (Wales) I did'nt get into cycling until I moved to London. After a few hardtail MTB's for commuting I slowly got into 'off-road' and the bike that really made me fall in love with bikes was my 1st full susser a 2002 Cannondale Jekyll 800 with lefty fork. I thrashed this around UK trail centres and a trip to Morzine, but in 2005 the frame developed a fatal tear, and after a long drawn out warranty claim I was given a shiny new Cannondale Jekyll frame. 5.5 inches of sofa suspension front and back, which I built up with Fox Vanilla Fork, Hope Hubs, front and rear lock out and anti-bob thingy in the rear shock. It can go pretty much anywhere and I still have it, though I'm a bit old and breaky for this regular falling off lark, so I'm mostly found on my road bikes these days.
P1000842_zpsomtda89i.jpg

After having a Cannondale hardtail and a Giant Reign stolen, I decided to get a single speed for commuting and in 2008 got my trusty Genesis Flyer, currently running 50/18 gearing.
P1010013%20Large_zpss0ozapfk.jpg

I have ragged this to within an inch of its life and it keeps going. It gets all the horrible jobs, commuting, the only bike I dare leave locked outside in London, it gets taken out in crap weather, its the cheapest, least loved, most abused of my stable. Its never been washed and I just replace things when they break or wear out, its been through about 3 sets of brakes calipers and 2 sets of wheels and the usual chains and cables,pads etc but has never let me down.

The speed of the Flyer got me dreaming about a proper road bike and so in 2009 I bought an old Denti Columbus SL steel frame, with teardrop 'gilco' tubing and built up my first bike with modern Campag bits. I've done well over 20,000 miles on this bike and I love it to death. Here it is in its current configuration:
P1020657%20Large_zpsdmsu0ozt.jpg

In 2010 I treated myself to a custom build, and built up a Sunday best, fast singlespeed/town bike, I wanted a short wheelbase without toe overlap for nippyness in traffic, and a higher handlebar bar position than I use on my road bikes. Built up on Royce hubs currently running 50/17 gearing. A 853 Pro Team Reynolds Mercian Vincitore Special, in 'intensio blue', complete with spangly gold lined lugs, that sounds super showy but I tried to make it kind of a subtle bling, honest:whistle:. Where the Reynolds 520 of the Flyer gives you feedback from the road by shouting, this sings.
P1020672_zpsqaivnfv2.jpg

show us your lugs, go on,......Oh OK then (apols they not very clean are they....)
P1020664%20Large_zpspmbdflej.jpg

P1020665%20Large_zpsbnnpag41.jpg

I did'nt plan on getting any more, but a drunken Ebay bid led me to getting 2 more frames and a box of bits for a bargain price, from which sprang, my all shiny Campag shod Brian Rourke. Campag Chorus cranks, brakes, RD, Centaur 20 speed shifters, ultrashift again. I still find this such a handsome beast, but its no poser and if I have the need for speed, this is the bike I go to.
P1020758_zpsvgvfvcuu.jpg

And the most recently finshed build, my SLX Super Record Simoncini frame, also built up with full Campagnolo, Daytona crankset and rear derailleur, 20 speed ultrashift Chrous shifters, Centaur brakes.
P1020792_zpsfpyadsgb.jpg

Along with my Denti a great long distance bike. I love them all, and can't bear the thought of not having any of them, but keeping 6 bikes in a pokey 2nd floor London flat is not without its challenges, there is defo no space for any more, its a night-club style, one out before any more in policy, from now on.

Last edited:
I suppose it depends if you want to see all of the bikes here, or just the ones used?

Oldest;
1994 Dyna-Tech 755Ti
8-speed Ultegra
Campag Chorus chainset/BB (as I wanted longer cranks, & Shimano 172.5mm were on 'back order' then)
Ritchey stem & seat-pin
Scott Drop-Ins (when new)

Then.........
Dyna-Tech. 3.jpg

'Yellow'
Probably about 1998 (to replace a 'Optima' framed bike, that itself was a replacement for a RTC'd work-bike)
Mainly 8-speed RX100, that was transferred from the Optima

On building
Yellow Bike. Initial Build-Up. November 2000 - Copy.jpg

2009 Pinnacle Expede CX (Not sure which model
I'd had a bit of a come-back to CX, initially buying a Trek MTB, but decided it was too difficult/awkward with a MTB
(even allowing for the hydraulic discs it had!)
SWMBO offered to buy me one, so, what decision would you take?
Granted, I'd have really preferred a Paul Milnes, or a Ridley, but when the offer is 'there & then', what would you do?
Cycling. Cyclo-Cross. 2008. Greetland. 16.7.08. 5. Custom.JPG

2010(?)
Ridley Orion
I was still using the Dyna-Tech, as 'best bike' after all these years, & it handled wonderfully, but I was talked into this Ridley, by Gary, at the 'LBS'
Ridley. Orion. 1.JPG

The Dyna-Tech, being usprped by the Ridley was downgraded to 'work-bike', with the fitment of lights & Salmon Profil mudguards (best that would fit with the '20' section tyre
So................ I ordered a Ribble 'winter/audax'

2015 picture
Ribble. 7.JPG

Come mid-late 2015, SWMBO was fishing round for a 50th birthday present for me
Suggestions of a TVR Griffith 500, were side-stepped:cry:
A new bike suggested, by me
I proposed Ribbles HF83, with Dura-Ace, but again was side-stepped
Thus, I plumped for the Gran Fondo
Ribble. Gran-Fondo. 5.JPG Road-Trip. 14.JPG

2016, saw me told that I could buy a bike, again:eek:
SWMBO & daughter were going on holiday twice, in the year. so I could spend!
I was getting fed-up of changing brake-blocks on the work bike, so looked at discs
I did fancy the Ribble CR3, but the specifcations were unworkable for me (& mudguard mounting was not known)
Thus, I saved money by buying a CGR
Tiagra, with hydraulic RS785 discs

Road-Trip. 36.JPG Ribble. CGR. 18a.jpg

Trio.........
Trio. 1.JPG

Sorry, if a bit long-winded, but I am given to explaining things/links/etc....

Out of the above, at the moment, only one is ridden

Erm..........
The yellow was retired (& hangs in the garage), when the Dyna-Tech was down-graded (to work-bike)................. when I bought the Ridley
(now sitting in a spare bedroom, having not moved - barring for vacuuming under it - in 3 years)

The Dyna-Tech was hung up, when I bought the 'blue/winter' Ribble, as my work/general purpose bike

The Ridley just wasn't used much after 2014

The Gran Fondo lives in the house, & has barely been ridden since the summer, as most of my days off, it's raining/rained/going to rain...:okay:
Granted, it wasn't a mega-expensive bike, but it's not getting filthy for the sake of it

The 'blue/winter' Ribble was cleaned/lubricated, & put in a shed, when I got the CGR (March 2017)

Hence, the CGR is the most ridden bike, I have

I really ought to create space, by parting with the 'yellow', the Dyna-Tech, & the Ridley
(and maybe the 'blue' Ribble?)

Last edited:
Top Bottom