Over shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Old timer

Über Member
Never worn them but just want a cheap pair of something for over my trainers when raining. Something that my over trousers can pull down over or I can tuck my trousers in. Nothing special as I`m just a casual local slow MTB rider but this year I`m not prepared to sit indoors looking out at the rain:smile:

Thanks for any links (as I`m old timer they need to be easy on and off:biggrin:

Fuzzball

Endura MT500s just got them this week, and they are great, warm and dry feet will definitely help me put off commuting in full winter gear for a bit longer.

marcw

not overshoes, but..... sealskinz waterproof socks keep your feet dry and can be useful for other sports.

ASC1951

Guru
Plastic bag between sock and trainer. As comfortable as Sealskinz (i.e. not very) and £25 cheaper.
wink.gif

Or get used to wet feet:-
- if it's really wet, nothing keeps them dry. If it is a complete seal, your socks will fill with sweat;
- it doesn't matter until you are out for hours or it is seriously cold as well.

Proper cycling overshoes are worn to keep your feet functionally warm, not dry. Cheap ones won't do that very well and good ones won't fit over trainers.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Most proper overshoes are designed to fit over skinny fit cycling shoes with no appreciable sole/tread. I think you'll struggle to get any to fit properly over trainers.

I'd second the sealskin socks. Work a treat as long as you dont let water get in at the top...

marcw

Plastic bag between sock and trainer. As comfortable as Sealskinz (i.e. not very) and £25 cheaper.
wink.gif

Or get used to wet feet:-
- if it's really wet, nothing keeps them dry. If it is a complete seal, your socks will fill with sweat;
- it doesn't matter until you are out for hours or it is seriously cold as well.

Proper cycling overshoes are worn to keep your feet functionally warm, not dry. Cheap ones won't do that very well and good ones won't fit over trainers.

not sure how sealskinz work but they are breathable, my feet don't sweat in them, although my feet don't seem to sweat much. they are thick though so you need to make sure there is enough space in your shoe. I've not found them uncomfortable either, quite happily wear them for Sportives.

adscrim

Veteran
Endura MT500s just got them this week, and they are great, warm and dry feet will definitely help me put off commuting in full winter gear for a bit longer.

+1. The MT500 over shoes are mountain bike specific and should fit over trainers without too much problem.

OP
OP
Old timer

Old timer

Über Member
+1. The MT500 over shoes are mountain bike specific and should fit over trainers without too much problem.

Thanks you guys, I`ll try the 500`s

Dave

Top Bottom