Padded cycle shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

billy1561

BB wrecker
Am looking to buy some padded cycle shorts has anyone got any particular ones to recommend?
I am looking to spend maybe £20 on a pair but would stretch to £30 if they are particularly comfy.
Cheers.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I can recommend putting the padding on yer saddle and wearing whatever pants/shorts you like :tongue:

colinr

For that budget, I'd buy these.
For twice that budget, I'd buy the same (well, I'd buy the bibs but that's personal preference)

ohnovino

Large Member
I've got these bib shorts for about £15, and the same supplier does normal shorts too. I'm more than happy with them, but I've never tried any of the really pricey cycling gear so maybe I don't know what I'm missing :tongue:

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I've got these bib shorts for about £15, and the same supplier does normal shorts too. I'm more than happy with them, but I've never tried any of the really pricey cycling gear so maybe I don't know what I'm missing :tongue:

+1

Or go straight to their website. I've got a pair of these and a pair of normal shorts from them. Bib shorts mean they won't cut into you or ride down at the front if you've got the fuller figure like I have :whistle: .

ohnovino

Large Member
Bib shorts mean they won't cut into you or ride down at the front if you've got the fuller figure like I have :whistle: .

Or leave your lower back exposed if you've got the lankier figure like I have :biggrin:

StuartG

slower but further
Or you could wait till Spring and probably get some decent ones from Aldi or Lidl when they do their next cycling specials at silly prices.

colinr

The Aldi / Lidl shorts are absolute crap compared to the Shutt / DHB ones. Which is a shame because my Aldi soft shell jacket is brilliant.

I wear bibs to keep the breeze off my back and I'm far from lanky! They make toilet stops slightly more awkward though.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Sports diret have some Karimoe cycle shorts, I think they may even be on sale for about £80 now. Be carful if you buy them in store as they have padded and unpadded on the same rack.

Top Bottom