Pair of holes on my Canyon Endurace's carbon fork

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Some carbon forks have holes there for attaching mudguard stays.

Ajax Bay

Guru
I'd send them a message with the image of the damaged bartape you've shared with us, and invite them to send you some new bartape. Annoying but anything more would be a pain.
Surely you have a set of pedals on another bike you can transfer temporarily, to get a quick short first ride in?

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Don't they stick a 'bladder' inside and then vacuum press the outer into a mould so they need to get at least atmospheric pressure on the inside (if not positive pressure) for that to work.
i would assume they need to get the air out as the bladder expands 1st to make a good part so they need the hole to get it right ?

OP
OP
Welsh wheels

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
I'd send them a message with the image of the damaged bartape you've shared with us, and invite them to send you some new bartape. Annoying but anything more would be a pain.
Surely you have a set of pedals on another bike you can transfer temporarily, to get a quick short first ride in?
I do, but the pedals hopefully will be with me tomorrow or Monday, and I won't have much time for a ride before then anyway so might as well wait. I might do that....could come useful when it comes round to changing it, that small tear doesn't justify the hassle of changing the tape for me ^_^

Mr Celine

Discordian
That's so well camouflaged I'd be worried about losing it. :laugh:

OP
OP
Welsh wheels

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Took the Canyon out for its first spin this morning, the roads were wet and slippery (thanks British summer :thumbsdown:) so couldn't really take it to the max, but got some PRs and felt easier up the climbs - I could feel the weight difference between it and my older bikes. The carbon fork didnt explode or anything so I reckon the holes in the fork are fine :laugh::okay:

C R

Guru
Took the Canyon out for its first spin this morning, the roads were wet and slippery (thanks British summer :thumbsdown:) so couldn't really take it to the max, but got some PRs and felt easier up the climbs - I could feel the weight difference between it and my older bikes. The carbon fork didnt explode or anything so I reckon the holes in the fork are fine :laugh::okay:
Did the fork whistle nicely?

Top Bottom