Paris - Berlin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pegasus1504

Hi All,

Two mates and I are planning our first tour from Paris to Berlin. We've already set out the route and have found campsites along most of the way...
We're planning 10 cycling days of ~60 miles per day interspersed with 3-4 rest days when we'll stay in hostels instead of camping like the other days. We're all on road bikes - I assume the roads are acceptable along the way? Does anyone have any experience of this route? Any pointers would be well appreciated :smile:

Cheers!

Scott

Brains

Legendary Member
Get the Esterbauer 'BikeLine' books
http://www.esterbauer.com/uebersicht_d.html

Maps are superb
It will be a cycle friendly route
The books show camp sites

I would not plan any of the camp sites except 1st and last, as some days you may do 40 miles, other days you may do 80 miles

snorri

Legendary Member
As Brains says, keep it flexible, some campsites can be fine for a few days. If you like a place just stay, if you don't like it move on. All sorts of variables will affect your decision, the only firm date need be the day to reach your destination.
Sounds like fun, enjoy.:smile:

mcr

Veteran
As an alternative to the BikeLine books, and with free mapping that can print out before you go, there's this resource, with suggested routes city-to-city so you can piece together the whole itinerary (and they don't doggedly follow the admittedly pretty good signed routes in Germany if they don't happen to go in the right direction or the surface is below par).

Top Bottom