Paris help please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rugbyluke

Hhis evening everyone. I live in portsmouth (spare your jokes I'm no football fan) and I'm looking to riding to Paris to see my best mate in the legion. Has anyone done this befor? If yes what French port did you go too and how long did it take you? And was it hilly? Etc etc many thanks

Norm

The obvious one, although I've only done that area under power, would be Pompei to Le Havre then just follow the Seine up into Paris. It's about 125 miles, depending on exact route, and shouldn't be too hilly if you stick close to the river. Something like this.

125 miles should be a very easy three days, a pretty easy 2 days or an arduous day.

andym

Über Member
Luke. Got to rush so excuse me if this is a bit abrupt. There have been a couple of threads about getting to Paris using the voie verte from Dieppe (if memory serves) - worth doing a search.

Broadside

Guru
I rode from Fleet (Hants) to Paris last September, via Portsmouth. We got the overnight ferry to Ouistreham then routed down through Lisieux, Bernay, Evreux, Versailles then in to Paris, about 150 miles.

Our pace was very leisurely as it was a group ride of 40 people of all abilities. The France leg was 3 days which was way too long, 2 days would be about the right balance between seeing the towns and going at a decent pace to feel like you stretched yourself. 150 miles in a day would be too much IMO.

It was an amazing trip and surprisingly hilly, in places extremely hilly which I really did not expect. Heavy traffic around French cities on a weekday is a pretty unpleasant experience, so I would recommend doing the last 30 miles in to Paris on a Sunday if possible.

Top Bottom