Parker International

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
Not a total shock.

They did not spend enough time on marketing and people were too reticent about telling us how good they were.
Overpriced competitors got the recommendations.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just ordered some spokes for my next wheel build off their ebay shop. Right size for my fixed, so long as I use the same hubs and rims.

Big John

Guru
Parkers is a none limited company and nothing is showing up in up-to-date credit reports, but then again as they're none limited this is nothing unusual as they don't have to lodge anything at Companies House. They're still showing as a good credit risk. I too am gutted as I've used them for years and enjoyed popping over to their new place near Telford and chatting to the staff. If they have packed in then I'm sorry to see them go and hope all the guys I've met over the years find jobs.

e-rider

crappy member
how sad - as far as I can see there is no 'confirmation' of the cause of closing. Retirement has been suggested on other forums but that seems odd to me, as there were a number of staff working there - surely someone could have stepped in to oversee the operation if it was making good profits?

albion

Guru
It is not like the good old days when 'local reputation' kept businesses going.

These days it seems people defer to often uncompetitive but major brands.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
It's a shame to see them close. I have bought stuff off them and got some good deals. Not always the cheapest, but it's a case of check round the usual suspects till you find the best price. Unfortunately now one of the options has been taken from us. :sad:

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
They were always helpful and reliable for me. The chap I usually harassed about checking stock levels or ordering stuff in was a star.
Really pleasant to deal with. Sad it all ended, especially at Christmas, I hope they all get other jobs ASAP.

Top Bottom