Parking machines

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cannondale boy

Über Member
I was in my g/f car and she kindly asked if i could go and purchase a parking ticket from a machine. I've known this for ages, but it does take the P!$$ when you only have a one pound coin and the machine states no change given. WHY? I only want to park for 2 hours not 4!

Every other machine gives you change, the sweetie machine, the drinks machine, the tabacco machine, but not the parking one...so could someone explain WHY? :biggrin: council are greedy B******s

Oh and another thing :wacko: went to the bog to take a crapper...had to pay 30p, no bog roll + hand dryer did not work. Complained to the attentant who was doing c**k all and said fine i'll get someone to sort those problems. Bah yeah right.

Keith Oates

Janner
Perhaps the extra money (change) goes into making new cycling lanes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
Or if they can't manage to give you change, at least extend your parking time on a pro rata basis for the extra money you have paid (up to the maximum time allowed in that car parking space).

Set up the way they are just fuels the likes of simoncc who think that everything government does is just to swindle money out of people.

stephec

Legendary Member
I'm normally quite laid back but that does wind me up, as you say it must be the only machine in the world that doesn't give change, thieving ba5t@!ds. :biggrin:

I always used to offer my ticket to someone as I was leaving if it had some time left on it, but in Bolton and Salford now they've fitted the pay and display machines that need you to enter your reg number to be printed on your ticket. So if you pay for two hours but only use one then no one else can benefit from it and you're out of pocket. Doulbe thieving ba5t@!ds :evil:

At least with the car parks where you collect a ticket and pay when you return you only pay for what you actually use.

Top Bottom