Pashley load star rear wheel collapse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

james92

Hey I have a pashley low star (Xander) cargo tricke, witch I use for my landscaping/gardening business. Today my non drive wheel collapsed and broke in half, does anyone know where I can optain a 20" rear non drive rim already spiked aither new or refurbished.
This is my only transport for work so it is a urgent request. Thank you for your help, James

Chris S

Legendary Member
Where about are you?

How do you mean collapsed? Do you need a new rim, or hub? Has the axle broken?

It might be easier to just get it fixed rather than source a completely new item.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
How old is it? I'd contact Pashley personally. These things are robust. For the non drive to collapse im suspecting some sort of defect perhaps.

OP
OP
J

james92

How do you mean collapsed? Do you need a new rim, or hub? Has the axle broken?

It might be easier to just get it fixed rather than source a completely new item.

The hub is fine the outer rim collapsed would need new Spock as well

Attachments

• IMG-20230227-WA0000.jpeg
    IMG-20230227-WA0000.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
J

james92

How old is it? I'd contact Pashley personally. These things are robust. For the non drive to collapse im suspecting some sort of defect perhaps.

I'd say it at least 25years old Thay no longer make this trike

Attachments

• IMG_20230131_111726_245.jpg
    IMG_20230131_111726_245.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 4

Ajax Bay

Guru
:welcome:I'd be impressed if you get swift enough action from Pashley.
If the hub is sound (which we might assume) then the quickest route has to be a wheel build using that hub - because that's the 'esoteric' element - ND rear.
A new rim will not be expensive and probably sensible to get new spokes (as the ERD will likely be different). Has to be the same number of spokes (?36) and two cross. A decent bike shop might build it with some priority if you plead necessity. Better still, build yourself and just take in for trueing.
https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/rims-20-406/?holes=36

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
I'd check the drive side wheel whilst you're at it. That axle appears to be bent. It's also missing the locking pin on the castle but.

Last edited:
Top Bottom