Patron of Cycling UK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Does anyone think Charlie will wish to become patron of the organisation formerly known as CTC, in succession to his ma?

C3.JPG

He's got his own patronage and actually does more with them than the Queen I read somewhere. He used to get really involved rather than just lending his name on the letterheads. Not that I'm criticising the late queen. Just that king Charles was actually involved in things more than most royals were with patronage. I think we never gave him enough credit. A bit like Duke of Edinburgh. They both did a lot more good than commonly understood.

I think he'll keep his own patronages like every new monarch would have done. Quite right too IMHO. What user is patronage without a patron being interested?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I think he said in his televised speech he'll have less times for his patronages now. Just as well as he clearly can't get his saddle height correct.
I'm fairly sure that was a photo op for Pashley, rather than his own bike. So it is a blooper by Pash PR if anything.

Prince William was often seen riding near Sandringham, with his police straining to keep up under the extra weight of their equipment, so maybe he'll take an interest. Prince Harry was seen more often on quad bikes.

Top Bottom