pedals and shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

terryox

Regular
looking for some advice on shoes / pedals ...... been surfing web pages looking at prices / deals etc. Evans cycles have some Muddy fox rbs 200 shoes, and M520 spd pedals both at decent price .... will these work ...

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
They won't work - basically you've got a choice of 2-bolt mountain/touring style or 3 bolt road style.

The M520's are for 2 bolt SPD shoes and the Muddyfox shoes are 3 bolt road style. You'd need road pedals - like the Shimano R540 for these.

Just note that the Muddy Fox shoes are from Mike Ashley's Sports Direct - also available at Evans and House of Fraser :ohmy: - and won't be anything like the original price.

OP
OP
T

terryox

Regular
thanks for the note back, looking for some entry level pedals / shoes that will get me going but not spending big ...... any thoughts . Cheers

vickster

Legendary Member
Use a company with free delivery and free returns if shopping online for shoes. Some come up narrow, some come up wide, some come up small, large. You might want to consider ordering two sizes, usual shoe size and a size up

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I echo Fossy and Vick, shoes really need to be tried on so go for somewhere with free returns. I found most shoes way too narrow and eventually settled on North Wave, (a) because they were about the only shoe that fit but (b) also because that model was on offer. "a" is the harder bit to find, and the most crucial. Once you know what brand fits you well, you can normally find an entry level shoe of theirs on offer.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
If you're not aware most cycling shoes need to be ordered one size up from your regular footwear so best to try if you can.
If you have a Decathlon near you they have good value pedals and shoes.

vickster

Legendary Member
If you're not aware most cycling shoes need to be ordered one size up from your regular footwear so best to try if you can.
If you have a Decathlon near you they have good value pedals and shoes.
They’re closed though as mentioned above, online only, so doesn’t matter if there’s one closeby

vickster

Legendary Member
Last edited:
Top Bottom