Pedals and shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beats777

I'm venturing into the world off clipless pedals, not going over board with prices yet till I get into the Grove off using them, I've a pair off muddyfox rbs100 shoes but would the boardman hybrid pedal from Halfords be a fit for them?

Below is a pic on sole of shoe and link to pedal

Any help much appreciated
14408901_l_a1.jpg
https://www.halfords.com/cycling/pedals-pegs/boardman-hybrid-team-pedal-357434.html

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes, but those shoes are less that ideal as you’d have a lump of slippery metal standing proud of the sole of the shoe, you can get adaptors but they are a compromise. Better to find shoes described as MtB or touring...or get 3 bolt road pedals (still skiddy but perhaps slightly less lethal assuming you don’t plan to walk anywhere off the bike)

OP
OP
B

Beats777

Yes, but those shoes are less that ideal as you’d have a lump of slippery metal standing proud of the sole of the shoe, you can get adaptors but they are a compromise. Better to find shoes described as MtB or touring...or get 3 bolt road pedals (still skiddy but perhaps slightly less lethal assuming you don’t plan to walk anywhere off the bike)
Thanks for the advice, don't intend doing much walking in them basically it will be from garage to back door before and after cycle

vickster

Legendary Member
Maybe go for road pedals, at least the cleats are a bit bigger (plenty of pedals on eBay, new are about £60)

How many screws on the bottom of the shoe ??
If it's two then they'll take the plain MTB/SPD cleats and pedals linked to above.
If it three (which I think it is) then you need a different cleat and pedal.
Three screws are for road pedals/cleats, so look in that section.
Something like the Boardman road cleat and pedal set will work.

Luck ....... ^_^

vickster

Legendary Member
How many screws on the bottom of the shoe ??
If it's two then they'll take the plain MTB/SPD cleats and pedals linked to above.
If it three (which I think it is) then you need a different cleat and pedal.
Three screws are for road pedals/cleats, so look in that section.
Something like the Boardman road cleat and pedal set will work.

Luck ....... ^_^
Looks like the shoes take 2 or 3 bolt cleats looking at the photos

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Wouldn't put much stock on using SPD cleats on SPDSL shoes.. The entire nature of a road cleat has parts that wear with walking, SPD cleats don't as they're recessed into the shoe.

Top Bottom