pedals help me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mfcross

i have just bought a felt vr6 2018 road bike it didn't come with pedals as expected i tried to fit an old pair of shimano spds on it to try it out but they wouldn't fit on further investigation it seems that the crank which is a fsa omega adventure bb386 evo 46/30t takes 1/2 inch pedals not 9/16 i can't find any pedals for it HELP i can't ride my nice new bike many thanks in advance to those who can help me

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
No offense, but are you sure you are putting trying to thread the pedals in correctly? I'd be very surprised to find anything other than 9/16" thread on all but one piece cranks which tend to use 1/2", and nothing on the FSA specs for the crankset you have mentions thread size...

vickster

Legendary Member
i have just bought a felt vr6 2018 road bike it didn't come with pedals as expected i tried to fit an old pair of shimano spds on it to try it out but they wouldn't fit on further investigation it seems that the crank which is a fsa omega adventure bb386 evo 46/30t takes 1/2 inch pedals not 9/16 i can't find any pedals for it HELP i can't ride my nice new bike many thanks in advance to those who can help me
Ask the shop where you bought it to help if you really can't get them on. If you bought it online, I'm sure your local shop will help regardless. No boxed bikes come with pedals fitted for obvious reasons and many road bikes aren't supplied with pedals as you've found

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I'd echo what cosmic said. Are you sure you've got 1/2" ? They are usually found on children's bikes on one one piece cranks and mostly a cheap composite construction

Last edited:

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
AAA0577E-230C-46B4-BDFC-6926C7E30F79.jpeg

As @cosmicbike says.
Also check you are fitting the right hand pedal to the right hand crank and visa versa.
There should be an ‘L’ and ‘R’ on each pedal.

Heigue'r

Veteran
Another helpful tip that I read on here regarding pedals was"back off"...it refers to the direction you should be turning the spanner/allen key for fitting or removing your pedals.

Doobiesis

Über Member
No offense, but are you sure you are putting trying to thread the pedals in correctly? I'd be very surprised to find anything other than 9/16" thread on all but one piece cranks which tend to use 1/2", and nothing on the FSA specs for the crankset you have mentions thread size...

I agree with what he said :smile:

pclay

Veteran
I can pretty much guarantee you that any modern pedal (SPD, SPD-SL or flat) will fit your bike. Go for these if you want SPDs:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/shimano-pd-...38502&ptaid=aud-131695477502:pla-127999425662

Top Bottom