Pedals suitable for cycling shoes and regular trainers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Hi there.

This may seem like a strange question but is it possible to buy a set of pedals that are suitable for use with cycling shoes and regular trainers? :wacko:

I ask because I am on a very tight budget and can not afford to buy both at once but I do need a new set of pedals (as BB's fallen out of right hand side pedal ;)). Ideally I am looking for pedals that I can wear touring shoes with.

djb1971

Legendary Member
try looking for Shimano

A530

M545

m424

All of these are useable with or without cleats . Crank Bros also do then but they cost much more.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/mc/Cycle/7/Shimano/Pedals_-_MTB_Clip-In/

Mr Pig

I had a set that I bought in ALDI that were cheap, about a tenner if I remember correctly, and were surprisingly good quality. Solid alloy construction and good bearings.

Not much help right now obviously but if you hunt around you'll probably find someone else selling something similar, if not the same pedal,

gbb

Legendary Member
I always use Look pedals...and manage quite well with trainers if i'm only commuting short distance.
Look Deltas and Keos have enough of a flat on one side to get enough purchase on.
Whats more important are the soles of the trainers. I have an old pair of squash shoes...cant ride in them at all :?:, but all my the other trainers are fine for regular riding.

Mr Pig

Charlotte_C+ :-) said:
Would these Kona Jackshit pedals be any good?

I thought he was looking for pedals that were flat on one side with SPD clips on the other?

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Thanks very much indeed. I now have a good few pedals to choose from once finances allow the purchase :-)

Headgardener said:
Hi. I am using EBC's Contact Duo Pedal on my Hybrid, these are clipless one side and flat the other and take SPD cleats. They retail at about £18.00 + p&p.

Top Bottom