Pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeW-71

Veteran
The pedals that come as standard on a lot of entry level bikes are frankly... well... awful. Mine were no exception:
10277317233_b1039ecfed_z.jpg

I didn't think they'd be too bad when I first saw them. :laugh:

Wrong. They might look like they should grip your shoes - nope, your feet slide around on them.

I asked my friendly LBS what I should replace them with and in less than 5 seconds he put a pair of these in front of me:
10277306825_d7429e3bd5_z.jpg

DMR V12's. They are about twice as big as the stock pedals, and they are no heavier (I think they may even be lighter!). The bearings are amazingly smooth.

Should make my next mountain rides even more fun :biggrin:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Aye, I was admiring those very same pedals today on a MB. The owner said they are very sore if you hit yourself on the shin bones, they dig right into the flesh he said.
Nevertheless I fancy them too, they are very light, you are right - we had to do a pedal spin check, don't ask :laugh:

LimeBurn

Über Member
I ran clipless for a while but was fed up of falling off when on the more technical slow stuff, so swapped to some superstars which are similar in design to the DMRs and can completely agree that they ruin your legs in general, my shins are ripped and the side of my leg has a 6 inch bruise that has been pretty much there since I got them, still wouldn't swap them though :laugh:

Top Bottom