Pedals ???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris Swift

Right..... I'm going to be getting a Cannondale CAADX 105 Disc 2015 Cyclocross Bike' on cycle to work scheme in October / November......
I currently have these pedals : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shimano-Spe...393&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=shimano+spd+peddles

They are ok but after a hour of cycling I find they hurt my feet a bit... What pedals should I purchase for this bike? I'm happy to change to SPD-SL as my shoes allow for both fittings.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Chris

I think you have already decided to go SL. The big advantage of SPD is that they are easier to walk in as they can be recessed. If you are using "dual" shoes - that is with the two-hole SPD mount as well as the three hole SL and Look mount then you will not have that advantage anyway. So you would probably find the SLs easier to walk in. (Easier than surface mounted SPDs that is.) Just be aware that SLs wear quickly and at around £20 a go are quite expensive to replace. I am careful to minimise walking in mine, and don't put my foot down while still moving.
There was a link in the "Found a Bargain" section to a super-cheap Look pedal and cleat deal that might be a cheap way to see how you get on with them. Look are very similar to SL.

Thanks for your reply.... ummm may be I need another set of shoes I can walk in......

for spd's I was looking at these: http://www.evanscycles.com/products/shimano/m530-spd-trail-pedals-ec029046
havnt looked for spd-sl yet lol....

just wonder is they are more comfortable?
I have these pedals on one bike and the m520s on another and i feel no difference in the surface area on which my foot contacts. You would need shoes exactly inversely matched to the pedals for that to work. More rigid soles are the way forward.

OP
OP
Chris Swift

Chris Swift

Thanks I'll look for more ridged soles.

Top Bottom