pedi cab rickshaw

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MajorMantra

I started this a while back. Are you looking to get one for fun or business?

Matthew

MajorMantra

bromptonfb said:
first time i have seen that write up. very interesting indeed. how much was the rent?

I think it was £75 for the Friday and Saturday when I did it. This varies according to season - during the Edinburgh Festival it's something incredible like £150 I believe.

steve52 said:
not bussnes just for fun and i have a disabled parner who i could take for rides

I see. Pedicabs are pretty expensive unfortunately. Have you seen this? I think that's the make that gets used here. You could look for a used one but be careful because they tend to have rather hard lives so they're likely to be knackered.

They aren't bad to ride but they aren't all that great either. I got the impression that I was wasting quite a lot of energy whilst pedalling because there was a fair bit of lateral flex. Not really a problem but it bugged me when lugging the heavier people up the hills of central Edinburgh.

I don't the the nature of your partner's disability, but would other types of bike like tandems be an option? Or what about something like this? (Actually, on closer inspection, that costs as much as a pedicab.)

Cheers,
Matthew

Top Bottom