Pembrokeshire to Lowestoft ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
S

squeak

Joined today.......

Having completed the shortest C2C I am now looking at riding the longest from St Davids to Lowestoft in May 2010.

I am having difficulty finding anybody else who has rode this route and in particular what route thay took to take in the scenery. I am looking to complete the ride in 5-6 days.

Any body completed the ride, can offer me a route, and recommend stops..

Many thanks

Aldo64

I think it passes through norfolk across Brecklands (thetford forest) through north cambs (peterboro) through northants ,warks ,worcestershire.I have been looking at the bike adventures holiday.I live nr the east coast it looks a good ride .

robgul

Legendary Member
squeak said:
Joined today.......

Having completed the shortest C2C I am now looking at riding the longest from St Davids to Lowestoft in May 2010.

I am having difficulty finding anybody else who has rode this route and in particular what route thay took to take in the scenery. I am looking to complete the ride in 5-6 days.

Any body completed the ride, can offer me a route, and recommend stops..

Many thanks

I would appear to be your man!

We did exactly this ride in 2006 - the route etc is on a CD that is available for a donation to Macmillan Cancer Support - if you go to www.macride.org.uk and the Shop you can get it online.

More detail about the ride is at my site www.beewee.org.uk (click through to the interim site) and then it's under Boys' Outings

We did the ride in fairly sedate fashion as one of the chaps was a newbie rider, and about 75% of the first day and 50% of the last day were spent getting to and from the start/finish (at Stratford-upon-Avon you can't get much further from the coast!)

Rob

OP
OP
S

squeak

Thanks Rob

I will do the honours and request a copy, good luck with all your fundraising.......

ikenbikeit

Over the last few snowed in days, I have plotted a cracker of a route on memory map, using minor roads. It goes along the Pembroke Coast from St Davids, across the wildest part of Wales, Hereford, Cotswolds, Oxford, Cambridge, Lowestoft. After doing the Lon Las Cymru last summer I am looking for a new challenge. I plan to do it this year. I think east to west might be best, but it will probably be agin the wind.
I could print it on a smaller scale and send it to you if you want. I would value your opinion.

Top Bottom