Pensioner urges crackdown on pavement cyclists in my area

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
my mouse hovered over the thread title and highlighted 'pensioner urges'. I'm just in here to pick up some tips....

theclaud

Openly Marxist
dellzeqq said:
my mouse hovered over the thread title and highlighted 'pensioner urges'. I'm just in here to pick up some tips....

I'm afraid there's a crackdown. On pensioner urges. I know this will not come as good news.

She has some of my sympathy. I am sick and tired of seeing perfectly capable (I think!) and adult (I think!) cyclists, fully kitted up, bowling along the pavement alongside a quiet residential street with barely a car in sight. Do they really imagine that moving those two or three yards to the right, down the kerb and onto the carriageway, is tantamount to leaping off Beachy Head?

But:
Mrs Coles, of Devon Avenue, said: "Twice recently I've nearly been knocked over by people riding on the pavement outside my house. I have a dog and sometimes his lead stretches across the path, and if a cyclist comes along they say 'get that dog out of the way'.
just for the record, I had a close encounter with a dog on a long expanding lead today. This was on the road of course, a quiet country lane, not a pavement, and, like in the lady's account, the lead was strung right across the road. I had no option but to drop anchor and utter a polite but firm "EXCUSE ME!" (I most certainly did not shout "get out of the way") Of course I got a muttered apology from the owner as he reined in his animal. But apologies often come too late...

mangaman

theclaud said:
I'm afraid there's a crackdown. On pensioner urges. I know this will not come as good news.

Absolute disgrace I think.

Both my parents are pensioners and have just rung me to say their urges have been crackdowned today.

By men in orange boiler suits no less.

I like these... it is always an opportunity to ask if we can clamp down on ALL misuse, and prosecute illegal parking as well, pointing out that more injuries are due by the damage parked vehicles cause than cyclists.

gavintc

Guru
Road tax the scooters and demand that the drivers take driving tests. They are a complete menace and none of them wear helmets,:biggrin:

Top Bottom