Pentax W60 footage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Decided to document my recent cycle tour using a Pentax W60. Although it handles 640x480 @ 30fps quite well, the real touch is the interval shoot mode. Its waterproof (to about 4 metres), fairly rugged, and manages about 500 shots on a charge if you're not using flash.

This one is strapped to my boom using a rubber band and a bit of foam. The originals are 10mp, and once youtube is done mangling the compression, you can see the condensed footage here:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCwVQu9TJ7A

Feedback welcomed.

Andy.

I really like the time lapse stuff, very nicely presented. My only comment is I'd like to have seen more off the bike stuff but as a technique I loved it.

Pentax W60 you say. Hmmm, I've been looking for a replacement for my Canon S30 with a decent video function. That could be it judging it on that film.

OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Thanks Crackle.

As a group, we were travelling somewhat slower than we'd expected, so off the bike time was pretty limited apart from the essentials. On topic of which, one thing I did learn:

If you're stopping up for a quick comfort break and you've got a time lapse cam mounted to the front of your bike, NEVER leave the bike facing the way you're gonna wander for a leak. :rolleyes:

Ideally, I'd have mounted it a little higher to see more of the surroundings, but it only arrived the day before I was due to head out.

Compared to the S30, I'd say this one is a little thinner from front to back, and takes SD/SDHC rather than the CF cards you're using. Mind you. With 10mpx, it does whip through memory pretty quickly, so it might be a good time to grab some more memory anyway :biggrin:

Thanks for the interest.

Andy.

Top Bottom