Peugeot T18(?) Mixte renovation thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Starting this thread to detail what I intend to do with this bike. Once I've decided what those intentions are!
I intend to use it. I don't have any issues with making it non-original, it's an 80s continental shopper bike. It's not precious.
So, with that in mind, the basics.
Full overhaul of all bits and bearings. Not the wheels though, they'll be scrapped. Everything else - renovated as best as I can.
Changes to be made: alloy wheels. Upgraded brakes. Lighter dual chainset and associated front derailleur (single at the moment).
If I can re-use the wacky wide range 5-speed freewheel, I will, it's not very worn at all. If not, then the transmission will be brought more up to date, if that's feasible on this frame.
So, I will doubtless be asking lots of possibly dumb questions, once I get going.
Humour me!

D

Deleted member 1258

Can we have some pictures please.

All righty...
As recovered from local recycling centre

Owzat?

Attachments

• DSC00358.JPG
    DSC00358.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 8
D

Deleted member 1258

Thats nice, doesn't look in bad nick. I've got a little confused with two threads about the same bike.

I've now acquired another mixte, a Revell. It's a bit more special, much lighter, and even British, to boot! So the P18 will likely be a donor for that.
If anyone would like the rolling frame, it's yours to collect once I've had my way with it! It will be essentially complete and working except for saddle and bars/stem.

Top Bottom