Petition to save the Hove cyclelanes!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
There are literally dozens of roads similar to this one in Hove without a cycle lane and Hove is hardly a traffic hotspot anyway.

The point is that the cycle lane is both superfluous and dangerous - I would never use it. I simply object the cost of removal in the present cuts we're experiencing. I have only ever seen a few people ever use the damn thing.

They should sprinkle tacks over it to put cyclists off using it and save £999,000.:thumbsup:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
You should do what they do in Italy and segregate the cycle lane/path with flower pots

Crazy, crazy bloody politicians! It's there, leave it there and save the money - or use it to fix the 'design flaws'.

I have used this occasionally as a cyclist and prefer to stay in the road. I feel safer and more in control there.

As a motorist, I use it regularly, to visit customers, and I still find it difficult to look into the cycle lane if turning left at any of the many junctions, to see if it is safe to do so.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Oh Rich I do hope that was a joke! I use this cycle path a lot when I come to Brighton, as I said earlier, and although it does have flaws, if you are riding sensibly and aware of what's going on around you it's fine IMHO. I much prefer it to being in the traffic anyway.

The cycle path wouldn't do for anyone who wanted to barrel along with their head down trying to save five minutes, but then maybe we shouldn't be riding like that too often in towns anyway?

Well, TMN, it was tongue in cheek!

I'd either take up the road space (and you can do 20mph easily down there) or use one of the other many parallel roads which are equally wide and don't have a cycle lane.

My point is really though that it's a scandalous waste of money to remove it.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Right then, now we can start the campaign to "improve those stupid cycle lanes"... :evil: :biggrin:

Fixed. :biggrin:

Top Bottom