Peugeot partner van.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Just got hold of one of these, a LWB crew cab, that gives me a bit of extra lengh, turning it into a micro camper, have fitted side windows, doing the insulation at the moment, not sure about a bed yet, i like the idea of a rock and roll bed, looked into putting a bed in the roof, but that was a bit expensive, Looking forward to next summer, we are planning a tour of europe, with the bikes, Anyone else into camper vans, any tips would be good, last time i camped was about 50 years ago.^_^

Jameshow

Veteran
If I were in your shoes I'd keep it simple.
Simple briefcase stove, water from a tapped container, lighting via usb from a small power pack.....

oldwheels

Legendary Member
There are a few people selling kits which even if you do not want to buy could be a source for ideas.
I converted a VW van with furniture adapted from an old Commer camper. Since I was a bit pushed for time I postponed putting windows in and soon decided that we did not really need windows and for stealth camping it made things a bit easier to remain inconspicuous.
I second the comment by @Jameshow to keep it simple.

CXRAndy

Guru
Just got hold of one of these, a LWB crew cab, that gives me a bit of extra lengh, turning it into a micro camper, have fitted side windows, doing the insulation at the moment, not sure about a bed yet, i like the idea of a rock and roll bed, looked into putting a bed in the roof, but that was a bit expensive, Looking forward to next summer, we are planning a tour of europe, with the bikes, Anyone else into camper vans, any tips would be good, last time i camped was about 50 years ago.^_^

Friends of mine are doing the same. They are making plans to drive it from North of Canada to southern tip of Argentina. They will have to ship it to Canada. First they have to learn how to use tools to make a plain van into a camper. O what fun they're going to have

D_97_goodtimes

Touring Europe - mostly France - is a doddle. Plenty of campsites, and loads of Aires. Many towns and villages have parking spaces for motorhomes. Facilities for draining tanks and topping up the fresh water are readily available at a cost of a couple of Euros.
Wifi -Park in Macdonalds for free wifi.
ULEZ - Crit stickers for the cities cost around 5 Euros.
Toll roads - You can buy a sensor to put in the windscreen for the toll roads and pay the toll fees when you get home.
Schengen rule - Be mindful of the 90 day rule.
Spain - Spain demands a proper spare wheel but subject to....interpretation.
Bikes - A must either for canal paths or tackling the occasional col.
A Trangia for cooking - an electric kettle will save the gas when you can connect at a campsite, some older campsites use the smaller 2 pin plugs so an adapter would be useful.
A Michelin laminated road atlas is good for navigation and displays campsites and their facilities
Enjoy the journey of converting the van and then using it.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Keep us posted with pictures of progress. Really fancy a camper type thing. Not sure wether to go van and do a bit of conversion, to carry camping gear, bikes and swimming kit, or get the 8-9 seaters and remove rear set. Lots to think about in next 12 months.

D_97_goodtimes

Couple of photographs from last years tour. First one is parked up in a small village in the Lot valley. Second is the descent from the Col de Froix near the Col de Glandon.

Attachments

• 6FDF3F1F-5327-4022-B85D-6A77731464A2.jpeg
    6FDF3F1F-5327-4022-B85D-6A77731464A2.jpeg
    380.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 9CD28E5D-275C-474D-A986-E6D128D91D10.jpeg
    9CD28E5D-275C-474D-A986-E6D128D91D10.jpeg
    205.9 KB · Views: 21

Kevberlin

If I were in your shoes I'd keep it simple.
Simple briefcase stove, water from a tapped container, lighting via usb from a small power pack.....
Couldn’t agree more. I run a VW Autosleeper, but have found over the years, to keep it simple.
I cook outside the van with a portable briefcase stove and carry water, despite facilities inside the van.
If I were to buy another van, I’d choose to have minimal interior fittings to maximise the sleeping area.
Good luck with your van.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One

We need pics👍

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

Update on campervan, have done two trips so far, one to the south coast, second time east coast, doing a few mods as we find out what works best, did a campsite for the first couple of day, on the third evening parked on the coast road with a couple of dozen other vans, woke up to a sea veiw, second trip first day Suffolk stayed in pub car park, nice and quiet, second day drove up to Norfolk staying in another pub car park right on the coast, woke up to another sea veiw,

IMG-20231012-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20231014-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20231025-WA0020.jpg

IMG_20231026_110443.jpg

IMG_20231012_121837.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
derrick

derrick

Bit late on this one, but you might want to give these two a watch. Some higher end and complicated builds but might give you some tips

Lots of video's around, still have to decide wich way to go with electrics, have wiring in place for a leisure battery, am still undecided, also heating, been looking into diesel heater. have already added a bit more storage space. it's an ongoing project the more we use it we find we need other bits and pieces doing, By next spring we should be ready for Europe.:cheers:

Top Bottom