Philip's Navigator Scotland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JamieRegan

Has anyone used this book instead of maps?

I'm touring across Scotland, so will need to buy 6-7 maps to cover my whole journey. Would this book be just as good?

I think I have their guide book version somewhere, I'll have a look.

snorri

Legendary Member
I haven't seen one, but spiral bound in book form has advantages over map sheets for use at the side of the road, and 1.5 miles to the inch should give sufficient detail. Costs less than £7, so must be worth a try.:smile:

OP
OP
J

JamieRegan

I haven't seen one, but spiral bound in book form has advantages over map sheets for use at the side of the road, and 1.5 miles to the inch should give sufficient detail. Costs less than £7, so must be worth a try.:smile:

I agree. I'm going to see if I can find one on a shelf at lunchtime and I'll report back.

Dug it out mine (Edinburgh & Scottish Border) has nice clean easy access maps but they focus round routes and its not a continuous map covering a whole of an area, for instance it tends to skip out the major towns that you may need to cycle through to join up the routes.

OP
OP
J

JamieRegan

I looked at the British one in WHS today - they didn't have the Scottish one - and it looked ok. It's a road map, basically. Might be ok for our purposes this time, but not a replacement for proper maps, I don't think.

Top Bottom