PhotoBucket.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
[QUOTE 4625550, member: 9609"]So you don't have any control over your image other than editing your post within the time period allowed, so therefore once another member quoted your post the image would be forever out of your own control. I think this is where I like the principle of a 3rd part host then I could remove my image from anywhere it is shown from a link t the 3rd party (obviously if someone else screen shot the image and uploaded it somewhere else then control is less easy)

And yes as long as the image is still on my own computer I can always upload it elsewhere, however a third party host would allow me to share the image in other ways all from the same upload.

So yes I do like the ease of CC for hosting images, but like everything else in life there is often other considerations[/QUOTE]
Any time you put an image on the web somebody could take a copy of it and do what they wanted with it. For example, Fab Foodie posted some rotated photos the other day. I corrected them for him and reposted them HERE. You could never stop people doing things like that, so full 'editorial control' is an illusion.

When a quoted post contains uploaded images, the quote of the post has a link to the image rather than a copy of it, so if you delete the image, it will disappear from the quote. I can't see any way of editing an uploaded image though without having to re-upload it, which would break any links to the original image.

Having the photos hosted elsewhere DOES give you more control of them, but not TOTAL control.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Any time you put an image on the web somebody could take a copy of it and do what they wanted with it. For example, Fab Foodie posted some rotated photos the other day. I corrected them for him and reposted them HERE. You could never stop people doing things like that, so full 'editorial control' is an illusion.

When a quoted post contains uploaded images, the quote of the post has a link to the image rather than a copy of it, so if you delete the image, it will disappear from the quote. I can't see any way of editing an uploaded image though without having to re-upload it, which would break any links to the original image.

Having the photos hosted elsewhere DOES give you more control of them, but not TOTAL control.
The site I mentioned allows you to upload a modified image to your own site and keep the same URL.

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The site I mentioned allows you to upload a modified image to your own site and keep the same URL.
I know you can do that, I just meant that you can't do it to the ones uploaded to CC.

I have found copies of photographs that I have taken posted elsewhere by other people. That can't be stopped, but you do have control of images that people link to directly, either hosted on CC or on other sites.

keithmac

Guru
On here I just use the upload option (don't post any personal stuff so don't care about taking it back down).

I use Postimage on other sites for links.

I refuse to click on any Photobucket thumbnails now as their site it just a pain in the ass (spam adverts etc), I'd rather not look a the the picture than deal with all that mess!.

Top Bottom