Photos from the Tour of Cali Stage 4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
5flsm0.jpg

Martins and Hesjedal right at the front at the start of Sierra Rd

So yesterday we went to the Tour of California Stage 4, we were in San Jose at the very start of Sierra Rd, just before it loomed up before us. I was with a friend and 2 toddlers so we decided to stay on the flat, where there were gardens for the future cyclists to play in whilst we waited.

I have only been to the TdF Champs Elysees stage so the contrast was marked!! Much smaller peloton, much slower, no goodies being thrown out by the floats!! It also felt quite odd to see them racing through suburbs although that's just me! We saw the team RVs (v exciting for some reason). The BIG team there was RadioShack, lots of freebies for people to wave and a BIG screen of Lance looming over us!!! It was fun though.

I will attach more photos, but I'm struggling with the technicalities (some things never change, eh??)

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Chris Horner (?) at the head of the chasing pack.

vqpk77.jpg

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Thanks Cathryn! :smile:

We were looking out for you on the TV coverage, I remember them going through the area, but didn't spot you. :sad:
Too busy watching the cyclists whizz along, some of the roads away from the suburbs looked very nice!

An hour to wait now until the next stage is on the TV :tongue: ....

T

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Thanks Cathryn.
Nice to see you on here and great photo's.
Hope the family is well and the US is treating you good.

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Nice one, Telemark!!!! Sharper eyes than me!!

Nice to be back, Ian, thank you. We are loving it here!!! I've been mainly running since we got here but am now itching to get my tyres pumped up, the trailer attached and be back cycling. So why i'm procrastinating, I have no idea. Yesterday was fab though.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Lucky sod(s) ! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom