Pickled Onions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Landsurfer

Veteran
So many jars of pickled onions seem to be just soaked in Acetic Acid or Spirit Vinegar as they like to call it ....
Are there any good quality pickled onions available in a quality fermented Vinegar in the national supermarkets ?

Adam4868

Guru
So many jars of pickled onions seem to be just soaked in Acetic Acid or Spirit Vinegar as they like to call it ....
Are there any good quality pickled onions available in a quality fermented Vinegar in the national supermarkets ?
Garners are good....well they are for me.

It is DEAD EASY to make your own and put them into a vinegar/spice/flavouring mix you make yourself.
Sarsons have a good basic recipe on their website; follow the same general process to use your preferred spices etc. Just make sure the vinegar/s you use give a high enough % of acetic acid. I make a sweet(ish) pickled onion with some brown sugar, a proportion of balsamic vinegar and strips of orange peel; my neighbour makes his hot and spicy using cloves, chili and ginger in the vinegar.

Top Bottom