Pics have stopped uploading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
.gif works fine too.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
5DC196A9-6910-45CB-AB89-700CA1E4D15A.png
I thought so too at first, maybe Arran in the background, but on second glance it looks a bit pointy for the Ailsa Craig?

It is quite few years since I have been down that way but not sure it is too “pointy”. The low level bit does look a bit big for Ailsa Craig.
Must try looking for some pictures for comparison.

The only only similar one I can find.

Last edited:
@Shaun

Working
Thankyou

Aravis

Putrid Donut
It is quite few years since I have been down that way but not sure it is too “pointy”. The low level bit does look a bit big for Ailsa Craig.
Must try looking for some pictures for comparison.

The only only similar one I can find.
Yes, that's very similar. My picture was taken from the Campbeltown Ferry, very late afternoon, and I was looking approximately southwards with the Ayrshire coast behind.

It was a great opportunity to watch the island gradually appearing to change shape, and needless to say I took a lot of pictures. Then the warship came along. The one I took with the ship directly in front was less successful.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Bumpy trip to Oban this morning and mostly pouring rain. Not a very pleasant trip as lots of screaming small girls whose mothers did not seem to be concerned. The boat was pretty crowded as well and the seating arrangement is a bit odd with long bench type seats so the middle passenger has to squeeze past about 5 people to get out during the passage.
Now managed to get unpacked but the weather for a few days does not look too good. Next week looks to be sunny but I do not want to overstay my welcome. I may have to come back as I am awaiting delivery of a new [to me ] trike which may come in time for my return home on Friday.
Shopping to do in the meantime anyway and hopefully the rain will go off a bit.
My elder son who died was a collector of science fiction comics and had a large pile potentially valuable at auction so younger son is taking them to an auction house in Glasgow tomorrow.Better that than just dumping them tho' they may turn out to be less valuable than expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom