Pimp my Specialized Allez Sport - Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
Just ordered a Spesh Allez Sport 27 2011 road bike and was also looking at the time at buying a Cube Peloton as the look of the Cube really floats my boat....

I eventually decided on the Spesh

The Spesh and the Cube are both white, but looking at the Cube it was the green stripe on the tyres that to me, really made the bike stand out.

So thought I would change thetyres on the Spesh, but to a red stripe to keep in with the red flashes on the frame.

The Cube uses Schwalbe Lugano's but reading up on the reviews it seems a lot of folk are having puncture problems.

Can anyone recommend a similar colour scheme tyre but more resistant to punctures please.

DaveyB1981

Just ordered a Spesh Allez Sport 27 2011 road bike and was also looking at the time at buying a Cube Peloton as the look of the Cube really floats my boat....

I eventually decided on the Spesh

The Spesh and the Cube are both white, but looking at the Cube it was the green stripe on the tyres that to me, really made the bike stand out.

So thought I would change thetyres on the Spesh, but to a red stripe to keep in with the red flashes on the frame.

The Cube uses Schwalbe Lugano's but reading up on the reviews it seems a lot of folk are having puncture problems.

Can anyone recommend a similar colour scheme tyre but more resistant to punctures please.

I actually use the Schwalbe Lugano tyres you mention and have no issues with then.

Dave

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
I use Vredestein Fortezza Tricomp's on my Secteur Sport. They look great on my Mavic Aksium's with the red stripe, the bike was really dull looking before I fitted these. Never had a puncture yet. The only problem that I had was that they were an absolute pig to fit on my wheels and I ruined a couple of tubes. If I was to fit them again I would probably fit the tyres to the rim and remove them a few times with tyre levers with no tubes in to hopefully stretch them a little.

Vredestein Fortezza Tricomp's

OP
OP
2wd

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
Just ordered a pair of Schwalbe Ultremo ZX in red with white writing on the walls.

Oh and I've also ordered some white rim lettering "Specialized Allez Sport 27"

The pimpin has begun :becool:^_^

(I'm an ex Subaru Impreza owner so modding's in my blood :rolleyes:)

The tyres were a bargain as well, £24.99 from Fudge Cycle Store

Top Bottom